JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Just Ugh (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2663501-just-ugh.html)

stresswife July 4th, 2013 08:17 AM

Just Ugh

so DH went to work tuesday, dropped the kids off with BM on his way, his first week at work he works nights. I guess BM sent him a text tuesday night at some point and said Kayley jumped on an old tire swing and there was a yellow jackets nest and she got stung . He doesn't get to check his phone until he takes a 15 min lunch break at about midnight and then he tried to call and text her with no reply, so he called yesterday morning before he went to sleep, still no answer. He still hasn't heard from her, she doesn't reply his text or his calls... I'm assuming she got stung more than once since it was a nest and it was important enough to send a text.. of course DH is worried about Kayley, I wish BM would think , if she tells him something like that then just doesn't give more info or answer his calls or texts, he's gonna be worried ! and DH works on an oil rig, he can't be distracted, one slip up and he or someone else could be seriously hurt.
I mean if she took her to the hospital then obviously she might not have been able to answer the phone when he called or texted that night but she could have let him know SOMETHING by morning or yesterday evening..

Stepmom2Be July 4th, 2013 11:20 PM

Re: Just Ugh

Ugh! I am sorry you are having to wait to find out what happened! I hope she is okay!

When we brought O to the hospital because we thought he had appendicitis, we knew she had lecture all day because thats why we had him to begin with. We texted her when we were on our way to the ER, but due to us having to check in and O vomiting everywhere and them rushing us back to a room, it took us another hour to text her again. But just an hour.

You'd think that even if she took her to the hospital or something, she'd send some sort of text to update. EVEN if it was late or whatever. I know for a fact my dh would not mind being woken up to a text saying O was okay, I bet yours wouldnt either.

MommytoZoeAlyssa July 5th, 2013 06:16 AM

I hope she is okay! Hopefully you guys hear something back from BM soon!

mom2more July 5th, 2013 07:59 AM

Hope you hear something soon!!!

Stepmom2Be July 5th, 2013 11:43 PM

Any word yet?

stresswife July 6th, 2013 12:20 PM

he never heard anything, so we're assuming she didn't have to take her to the hospital.. BM did message me today asking if I'd watch the kids while she went to arlington(a city 20 min from me) and I said sure then an hr later she messaged me back and said "nevermind they said they'd rather stay here" so obviously Kayley is fine, but she really could've sent a short text telling DH that so he wasn't worried . he works nights his first week and she KNOWS this, so she knew he'd be awake until about 8 am so she could've told him, and he did call and text her for two days afterwards and she replied NOTHING...

Wisey July 8th, 2013 06:21 AM

That really sucks that she can't keep you guys informed. It does sound like she is ok. I hope she is.

AtomicMama July 8th, 2013 06:51 AM

Wow!! That is so frustrating :( I'm sorry! I'm glad it sounds like she is okay, but I just can't believe she never followed up after that.