JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2667024-names.html)

HippieLove July 21st, 2013 03:19 PM

names

Do you mention your step munchkins by name when you post on JM?

pmdc5286 July 21st, 2013 04:33 PM

Re: names

I call all of my kids by name here. They are actually on my signature. Robert is the only child who is not biologically mine.

ETA that Sean is the oldest, with the close cut hair, Robert is the red head and Dani is my baby girl.

HippieLove July 21st, 2013 04:36 PM

I aloways refer to them as J and K, I don't know why but because it's a public forum and they aren't mine bio, I probably won't ever share their names or photos. I will in the private group when I get access though :)

pmdc5286 July 21st, 2013 05:04 PM

Jonah is ok with me putting Robert and his pics on here. I did ask him before I posted it, but as far as Shamu is concerned, her opinion does not matter. She steals my fb pictures of him though if I post them.

HippieLove July 21st, 2013 05:13 PM

Are you guys friends on FB or does she just stalk you?

Keakie July 21st, 2013 05:18 PM

I don't use their names, but I've posted a photo or two over the years (mainly if I'm posting a family photo of all of us). :)

pmdc5286 July 21st, 2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieLove (Post 27533042)
Are you guys friends on FB or does she just stalk you?

When I have pics of Robert, I tag him in them (I do this with all the kids) and when I tag him she will steal them off his page.

HippieLove July 21st, 2013 05:43 PM

OH I didn't realise he had FB :)

Keakie July 21st, 2013 05:50 PM

OT, but I saw you mention the private forum: if you haven't already, I would PM Rachel for access for the private forum. :) It appears that our host has stepped down here and as far as I know, no one else has volunteered, so you could be waiting a while if you don't reach out to an admin (and Rachel is familiar with this forum and it's requirements for the private forum so she'd be a good choice).

HippieLove July 21st, 2013 10:24 PM

Thanks :) I did that yesterday, hopefully I hear back soon :)

AtomicMama July 22nd, 2013 07:22 AM

I'll mention her name. I'm sure I'd share a picture (and I might have in here or in my PR before, I can't remember). I've never thought too much about it

stresswife July 22nd, 2013 08:43 AM

mostly I refer to them as The Kids but I do use their names here

Stepmom2Be July 22nd, 2013 07:54 PM

I used to not. But his name starts with O, not too common. And there are pictures of me and DH in my siggy. If BM came across a post of mine, even if I left out his name, she'd know it was me. Though why she would be in a blended family forum is beyond me. I don't think she forums at all. I wouldn't be worried if she found me. Everything I have posted is true, and DH gave me permission to post pictures on here of him and Owen, and he has joint custody so there's nothing she can legally do.

plan4fate July 22nd, 2013 11:15 PM

I used to call him R... but I gave that up at one point... Now he's the headliner in my siggy since he's the only kiddo in the family so far.

His mom knows I post here. I don't use her name publicly.. she's still L.

HippieLove July 23rd, 2013 12:04 AM

I think my main concern is if somehow I was traced to here, not that it would be a big deal but it would just weird me out if she was reading my posts :lol:

mom2more September 1st, 2013 11:27 AM

I'm very private on public forums. I never use the kids real names. I think I may have in a different private forum a few times. I'm not sure if bm or her family would ever be on here or happen to read my stuff, but I just don't want to deal with that.