JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Why am I surprised? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2719362-why-am-i-surprised.html)

Stepmom2Be May 6th, 2014 06:26 PM

Why am I surprised?
 
So grandpa visited Owen at school today. There's only two weeks left, so we're just letting the school visit thing slide. They did talk about BM, but Owen says he's the one that asked about her, he wanted to know if she was in rehab yet because he wants to go to her apartment to see his cat once she's in.

Grandpa said the following:


"No she isn't in rehab yet. She got called to go in on Friday, but she didnt go. I asked her why not and she said she was sick, but I don't believe her."


"Now she has to re-start the waiting list." (It took 8 weeks for her to be called the first time.)


"Her friend that she started nursing school with is already a nurse now. Your mom could have been a nurse by now if she wasn't drinking and doing drugs."


So DH texted BM and said, "Word is that you could have gone in on Friday but chose not to. Care to elaborate? Cuz it's really just looking like you don't care anymore."


Hoping that will entice her to reply and we can get something out of her.


We have court Monday, and I'm really hoping that we just get a resolution. If she doesn't show up, hopefully he just keeps things as is, because she hasn't made any effort to get better. And if she does show up, hopefully she gets her *** handed to her.


When will this be over?

Stepmom2Be May 6th, 2014 08:02 PM

Re: Why am I surprised?
 
Well she left Eric a crazy hysterical sobbing voicemail. She was saying that even if she did go in on Friday, they would have turned her away because she found out on Thursday that she now has thyroid problems. She actually had the you know whats to say "I tried to tell them and for some reason they just dont believe me." wonder why people no longer believe her?! So she was sobbing saying her parents are lying and that she cares so much about Owen.

Then we got this text from her:
" I cannot believe they would do that. It is truly unbelievable. I care so much about Owen. Please call me to talk. No arguing, no drama. I am on ur side. Apparently it is my parents who r against me, so much so that they would violate judges rule as well as LIE to u guys. They refused to call Elba house to validate what I told them so they could save face. I'm seriously in shock"


Then about 5 minutes ago we get this:


" Now my mom is asking if they should call u and tell that he didn't know they wouldn't take me. Either my mom failed to inform my dad of this vital piece of info, or they are both liars."


We're not even replying, because she's likely just stuck in her own, meth induced reality. She actually had the nerve to say she was on OUR side! That's just laughable.

Wisey May 7th, 2014 07:04 AM

Sounds like an addict. Everyone else makes the mistakes. She will be making excuses until she hits rock bottom and gets help!

Chin up! You guys are doing everything right!

My2miracles May 7th, 2014 09:17 AM

Re: Why am I surprised?
 
Hang in there! So sad for Owen. So glad he has you & Eric. Also, sounds like her parents might be finally seeing the light.

AtomicMama May 7th, 2014 09:32 AM

Re: Why am I surprised?
 
Oh no!! I'm so sorry. Ugh!! What a huge mess. Am I missing something, but why would they turn her away for thyroid problems? Just curious. I mean, if you have to be 100% healthy for 90 straight days, I can't imagine many people would ever be able to successfully complete rehab. Did these thyroid problems just pop up out of nowhere? I mean, typically, when you are diagnosed with thyroid issues, it's not like a cold that comes up all of a sudden.

Honestly? It sounds to me like she is just looking for a reason to skip out on rehab. Like you've said before, in her mind, SAYING she needs to go/getting on the waiting list, that's as good as going. It seems like she thinks she can just say the word "rehab" and the judge will fawn over her trying to get better and give her Owen back.

I'm really thinking of you all today! I hope that it goes so well and everything goes smoothly in your favor. I do hope she shows up and that the judge wakes her up. She needs to see that SHE is doing this to herself.

While I don't necessarily think it was her dad's place to tell all that to Owen, I'm glad that he is realizing how she is screwing up. Like he said, she could be done with nursing school, working, caring for Owen. But she didn't, and she isn't. Even if her mom is still blinded by her stories, at least one of her parents realizes she has messed up big time.

Stepmom2Be May 7th, 2014 12:28 PM

Re: Why am I surprised?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisey (Post 28073151)
Sounds like an addict. Everyone else makes the mistakes. She will be making excuses until she hits rock bottom and gets help!

Chin up! You guys are doing everything right!

Thanks. Unfortunately, it seems like the only way she will get help now is by court ordered rehab. I hope we're at that point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2miracles (Post 28073405)
Hang in there! So sad for Owen. So glad he has you & Eric. Also, sounds like her parents might be finally seeing the light.

I think they are. The fact that she said shes been trying to tell them since Friday means she's not staying with them. Sounds like her mom did tell her dad about the thyroid thing because he did say "She said she's sick." Sounds like nobody believes her anymore. Her illnesses always happen at the most convenient times for her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicMama (Post 28073447)
Oh no!! I'm so sorry. Ugh!! What a huge mess. Am I missing something, but why would they turn her away for thyroid problems? Just curious. I mean, if you have to be 100% healthy for 90 straight days, I can't imagine many people would ever be able to successfully complete rehab. Did these thyroid problems just pop up out of nowhere? I mean, typically, when you are diagnosed with thyroid issues, it's not like a cold that comes up all of a sudden.

Honestly? It sounds to me like she is just looking for a reason to skip out on rehab. Like you've said before, in her mind, SAYING she needs to go/getting on the waiting list, that's as good as going. It seems like she thinks she can just say the word "rehab" and the judge will fawn over her trying to get better and give her Owen back.

I'm really thinking of you all today! I hope that it goes so well and everything goes smoothly in your favor. I do hope she shows up and that the judge wakes her up. She needs to see that SHE is doing this to herself.

While I don't necessarily think it was her dad's place to tell all that to Owen, I'm glad that he is realizing how she is screwing up. Like he said, she could be done with nursing school, working, caring for Owen. But she didn't, and she isn't. Even if her mom is still blinded by her stories, at least one of her parents realizes she has messed up big time.


I have mixed feelings about the visit too. I'm so glad he's hearing the truth from his grandpa. It will help show Owen that it's not just us overreacting. She's clearly on her way to rock bottom, and she needs to hit it.


I wonder if her dad will be paying her rent, now that she's not going to rehab.


Also- we got a letter from Owen's school. He's been approved for free lunch based on his approval for food stamps. WE are not on food stamps. I guess we know how she's buying groceries now. Sad that you have to lie to the government and pretend like you still have your kid.


If anyone is interested, this is the level of crazy we deal with. (I'll probably delete this link in a day or so. I just want you guys to actually HEAR what we have to deal with.)


Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting


Sounds like a meth induced alternate reality.


Luckily, we are once again going on vacation tomorrow. Going with Eric's whole family to Vegas until Sunday. And then we have court Monday. Once again, I'm going to forget she exists while we're away. I just wonder what's going to happen come Mothers Day...

AtomicMama May 7th, 2014 01:50 PM

Re: Why am I surprised?
 
Oooh, for some reason I was thinking court was today. Enjoy your trip! Just try not to think about her. It's awful when BM/the ex is so all consuming :( I'm sorry. I truly feel for you!

plan4fate May 7th, 2014 09:13 PM

Re: Why am I surprised?
 
Wait wait.. she's using Owen to get foodstamps? Report that witch immediately! She can only get stamps in his name if HE lives with her, and he does not.

her thyroid should not prevent her from going into rehab.. and she is not "sick". This is just something else she'll use to get out of everything and anything in the world because bad thyroids make you tired. Like she needed an excuse for that right?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.