JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   When bringing a half sibling into the house... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/84167-when-bringing-half-sibling-into-house.html)

SHoward October 5th, 2005 08:56 AM

I'm pregnant right now and due in a little over a month. My DH has three kids who I've been raising for over 6 years now. They have been talking for years about wanting another baby in the house, but now they don't want it. The two oldest (boys) are disappointed because I'm supposed to be having a girl. The youngest (girl) is upset because she will have to share "her" room with the baby. Are all kids like this, even when the baby has the same mom and dad? I'm just curious because it upsets me sometimes when people ask them about the baby and they sound very disappointed. (my emotions aren't exactly stable right now anyway)

Sorry for dragging this out so long, but I just wanted opinions of other women with blended families. :smile:

mrobinson October 5th, 2005 11:00 AM

Umm, my feminist senses are tingling.. I leave that idea and opinion for other day.

Sorry I don't have much advice... have you read the section in "Family First" by Dr. Phil about blended families? Unfortunately it's a small section but maybe it can help? I don't have kids yet nor I'm I raising another's child. My perspective is from a step-child and half sibling. My step-mom got pregnant and I was extremely excited. But I didn't have to share my room and she had a boy with my dad.

:dothug: :dothug: I wish I could offer more!

c_robinson19 October 5th, 2005 02:54 PM

My sister talked for years before i was born, about having a baby sister or brother. Once my mom got married to my dad, and got pregnant with me, It was like my mom was a trader. She even tried to kill me a couple of times (please dont let that scare you, my sister was 13 almost 14) but did have to share a room with me.

Most siblings are upset, but once your baby is born, they will take a look at him/her, and fall in love. My sister went to live with her father, when i was 6 months old. She moved back in when i was 2, and up until she got married we couldnt have been closer.

She is now 31, and has 14 half sisters and brothers on her dads side. She still gets a little jealous of them, just resure them that you love them, and altho things will change, your love for them wont.

Sorry if i didnt help. but things will start looking up.

SHoward October 5th, 2005 03:02 PM

Thanks you really did help. I know a lot of kids get jealous of younger siblings I just wasn't sure if it was worse with having a half-sibling in the house.