JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blue Ribbon Recipes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1903-blue-ribbon-recipes/)
-   -   Veggie Dip Recipe Request! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1903-blue-ribbon-recipes/2599568-veggie-dip-recipe-request.html)

rcross81 November 27th, 2012 12:35 PM

Veggie Dip Recipe Request!

Anyone have a really good recipe for a veggie dip? Like the white kind w/ green stuff in it...lol

I've tried several of the kinds at the grocery store and they all dont have enough flavor, they're too "sour creamy" if you will....

We had an engagement party for my little cousin this past weekend and someone made some from scratch that was amazing...I'm waiting to see if I can get the recipe but in the meantime, please help!

kary4 November 27th, 2012 07:34 PM

Re: Veggie Dip Recipe Request!

I have a great dill dip I use for veggies...it's super easy to make, too. I'll post it this week. I have to find it and it's too late over here right now.

EverydayJoy November 28th, 2012 12:21 AM

Have you ever tried the one that uses the dry vegetable soup mix? Like Knorr or Lipton brand? I've made the spinach dip from the back of that, you have a cup of mayo, a small tub of sour cream, a block of frozen chopped spinach which you thaw (or I suppose you could use fresh too!), and the vegetable soup mix envelope. Mmmmm I just loooove that one, and usually buy a bread bowl, scoop out the middle for the dip and then use the bread pieces to eat it up...it goes fast around our place! Some recipes have you add extras like green onions or something but I usually just do the mayo, sour cream, spinach, and soup mix, and that's it. It comes out great.

Kenzie November 28th, 2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverydayJoy (Post 26811638)
Have you ever tried the one that uses the dry vegetable soup mix? Like Knorr or Lipton brand? I've made the spinach dip from the back of that, you have a cup of mayo, a small tub of sour cream, a block of frozen chopped spinach which you thaw (or I suppose you could use fresh too!), and the vegetable soup mix envelope. Mmmmm I just loooove that one, and usually buy a bread bowl, scoop out the middle for the dip and then use the bread pieces to eat it up...it goes fast around our place! Some recipes have you add extras like green onions or something but I usually just do the mayo, sour cream, spinach, and soup mix, and that's it. It comes out great.

This is delicious! My SIL makes this!

rcross81 November 28th, 2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverydayJoy (Post 26811638)

That sounds amaazziinng!! Might just have to slide on over to panera bread after work and buy a bread bowl and go home and try this! Im salivating over here!!

mamamac November 28th, 2012 05:42 AM

Yes, the Knorr brand stuff is what I love. :)

EverydayJoy November 28th, 2012 07:57 AM

Rachel, it's so full of fat but soooo good. I suppose you could use lowfat mayo and sour cream..if you want! ;)
I usually feel like I could eat the whole thing by myself!! If it wasn't so filling, that is!

mamamac November 28th, 2012 02:52 PM

Here's the link: Easy Vegetable Dip

I usually add some thawed spinach in there, too, to justify the unhealthiness. ;)

♥RainyLane January 3rd, 2013 12:15 AM

This is one of my favorite veggie dip recipes. I have never used store bought mayo with it but I'd assume you probably could if you wanted? Cavegirl In The Kitchen: Garlic Mayo Veggie Dip

mamamac January 3rd, 2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ...Aimee... (Post 26929676)
This is one of my favorite veggie dip recipes. I have never used store bought mayo with it but I'd assume you probably could if you wanted? Cavegirl In The Kitchen: Garlic Mayo Veggie Dip

This girl loves *anything* with garlic!!! Thanks for posting...I need to try this out. :)

rcross81 January 3rd, 2013 07:06 AM

Mmmmm will have to try that!! I ended up getting the recipe from my aunt...Hidden Valley ranch veggie dip packet and sour cream! Go figure!! lmao!