3 egg yolks
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 tbls. cornstarch
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t unflavored gelatin
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate (2 squares)
2 1/2 cups milk
1. Beat eggs in a small bowl.
2. In a large sauce pan, mix well egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, salt and gelatin.
3. Add chocolate and milk.
4. Mix over high heat until it is warm (mixture will look grainy - chocolate probably won't be entirely incorporated)
5. Reduce to medium heat, stir constantly until thickened - should coat a spoon thickly (like pudding).
6. Remove from heat.
7. Pour into a prepared pie crust, then chill in fridge until time to serve. Serve with whipped cream.
For those who are concerned, yes, this does cook the egg enough to make it safe to eat.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.