JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Breastfeeding Past One Year (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f344-breastfeeding-past-one-year/)
-   -   Just curious (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f344-breastfeeding-past-one-year/2487147-just-curious.html)

-LovingLife- February 8th, 2012 05:41 PM

Just curious

I would like to see how long/soon everyone got their cycles back.

With my first two kids I got AF at 10 months old(nursed DS#1 til 1 yr, DD til self weaning at 15 months). Zeke is almost 20 months old, and still a total boob addict and AF hasn't returned.

hollywoodma February 9th, 2012 11:56 AM

Re: Just curious

I got my period when my daughter was 13 months, we were on vacation :/ She is 17 months now and nurses pretty much all day all night. My periods have been so weird lately.

Jule'sMomInOR February 9th, 2012 02:48 PM

I got my first pp period at 17 months. I knew it was coming because I recognized the signs of ovulation 2 weeks before. It's been about 5 weeks since and I don't think I've ovulated yet, so my cycles are far from regular.

mgm78 February 12th, 2012 07:17 AM

I am at 32 months (i think) and think i am getting my first PP AF! I had a little spotting the past two days. I have been saying no a lot to DD, so maybe that triggered it?

-LovingLife- February 13th, 2012 05:43 PM

Very interesting. Thank you ladies for sharing! :-)

I can't complain, it's been nice not having a AF. But we would like to TTC and obviously we can't do that until I ovulate. :sigh: It's the waiting game I guess...

UhOhMom! February 15th, 2012 10:19 AM

Mine came back at 10 months than went every other month for the first couple cycles.

RUNNER25 February 18th, 2012 05:18 PM

With DS1 it came back at 14 months. We were down to only morning & bedtime nursing and he weaned completely less than a month later. I had one pp AF and got pregnant on that first cycle!

I'm 10 months pp now with DS2 and no signs of AF yet.

nilla February 27th, 2012 07:35 PM

Mine came back at 10 months, and it has been every month or so since then.

Fluga March 1st, 2012 02:06 PM

You should have made it a multiple choice :p.
I got it back at almost 18 months and now at almost 10 months not a sign of it. I hope it stays gone for 2 years this time.

-LovingLife- April 3rd, 2012 09:21 AM

OKAY! I woke up this morning with a visit from Aunt Flow. Zeke is now 21 months(and 1 week :p ) old. Bummer to have AF, but I am also super excited because we can finally start TTC after this week. WOO!

Lala78 April 6th, 2012 06:52 AM

I got mine back after 6 months. Watch out though! Just because you don't have AF doesn't necessarily mean you aren't ovulating!! A guy I work with is expecting his 4th. His wife never got AF and was exclusively breast feeding their 6 month old when she got pregnant. Took years for them to conceive each of the first two, and now two at practically the same time!

stargatemommy April 13th, 2012 07:35 PM

Mine came back at either 6 weeks or 3 months. I stopped my PP bleeding after 2 weeks and started up again at 6 weeks. I thought it was just more PP bleeding. When I got an AF at 3 months, I wasn't so sure. However since I am not sure, I generally say 3 months.

I was EBFing as well. I felt cheated!

KiwiMommy April 13th, 2012 08:29 PM

I got it back at 8 months PP and it was pretty regular (every 30-35 days) right off the bat. Hoping it stays away longer this time though :(

Lonomia April 16th, 2012 10:45 AM

With my first son it was 14 mos. My second son was 19 mos.

eve1989 February 27th, 2014 07:05 AM

I got my period back 4-5 months PP eventhough I was BFing. Cramps also came back with it. Arrggh