JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Breastfeeding Past One Year (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f344-breastfeeding-past-one-year/)
-   -   Favorite/not fave part of nursing a toddler? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f344-breastfeeding-past-one-year/2565826-favorite-not-fave-part-nursing-toddler.html)

Lala78 August 26th, 2012 04:44 AM

Favorite/not fave part of nursing a toddler?

What is your favorite part of nursing a toddler?

Mine are her giggles and stillness and cuddle factor. And she asks politely. She cameo with that on her own since I'd never make her say please and thank you for nursing.

What is your least favorite part?

People wondering why I'm nursing a toddler. Also that she consistently has her arms down my shirt.

bribugg13 August 26th, 2012 06:07 AM

Re: Favorite/not fave part of nursing a toddler?

Favorite part: That I can tell him to wait a moment, or not right now, if needed lol. And that when he defaults to asking for milk, I can ask him if he's thirsty or hungry and it's amazing how many times he is and would rather have food or a drink of water!

Least favorite: Some days I just want my body back!

angelsailor288 August 26th, 2012 06:15 AM

Favorite part, the cuddle time. I love that I can instantly comfort him too.

Least favorite part, getting beat up. Pinched, poked, kicked, etc.

beck12 November 19th, 2012 12:30 AM

My favorite part is how easy ti is sometimes & the least favorite is how hard it is at other times. LOL

Fluga November 23rd, 2012 12:40 PM

Favorite part about nursing a toddler: It's convenient, I like the cuddles.
Favorite part about nursing a preschooler: I like to have a quiet moment with her, esp. when we manage to nurse without lil sister seeing us.

Not favorite part about nursing a toddler: She wants to nurse all the time and some of her nursing antics are not so entertaining.
Not favorite part about nursing a preschooler: When she doesnt lie still to nurse. A toddler doing gymnastics at the breast, no problem. A preschooler yanking the breast into different directions, not so comfortable. Thankfully she follows direction although sometimes she does start to wiggle a leg or something which is enough to bother me.

Kristy B. November 26th, 2012 07:37 AM

Favorite part: since she is SO independent, I like the quiet time!! I actually like when I hear her say, 'mama's baba's;!!!

Least favorite: when she is VERY persistant and doesn't take no for an answer and she still often wakes several times at night!!!

eve1989 February 15th, 2014 12:51 AM

Favorite part is having this bonding moment together and that you can tell her to wait if you're not yet ready.:smile:

eva_luvs_dave February 19th, 2014 10:07 PM

Fav- cuddle time and winding down

least- bfing during pregnancy :(