JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f30-breastfeeding/)
-   -   Mommas with newborns, check in! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f30-breastfeeding/2644199-mommas-newborns-check.html)

mgm78 April 18th, 2013 08:53 AM

Mommas with newborns, check in!

How old is your LO?
How is breastfeeding going?
Any questions or concerns?
What has surprised you the most about breastfeeding?

ThaiSpice April 19th, 2013 07:10 AM

Anna is 8 days old. So far everything is going really well! She's got a good latch, and she's feeding every 1.5 - 2 hours during the day, and is sleep in 3 hour stretches at night. I have been pumping and hand-expressing some, and have been able to start a freezer stash. So far, so good!

mgm78 April 20th, 2013 01:46 PM

Re: Mommas with newborns, check in!

yeah!!

ratladee May 14th, 2013 08:31 AM

How old is your LO? 11 weeks
How is breastfeeding going? awesome :)
Any questions or concerns? Wonder how long I'm going to drown Mr Caleb in milk for, or when he learns how to keep up with my massive amount of milk.
What has surprised you the most about breastfeeding? This time? How amazing it is to go from a low supply for one child and then having a massive supply with another kid, it's crazy!

Pretty Crispy May 14th, 2013 05:16 PM

How old is your LO? 1 month
How is breastfeeding going? Amazing!
Any questions or concerns? Nope
What has surprised you the most about breastfeeding? How much I absolutely love it. That time and connection is something only DS and I can have and no one else

mgm78 May 15th, 2013 03:22 AM

Ratladee-- that is great news! no more low supply! I had an overactive let down on one side and would shower DD in it and it went away over time, maybe by 4-6 months?

KASHWORTH May 20th, 2013 09:28 AM

I will have a newborn soon! :excited:

MichelleLynn June 5th, 2013 06:08 PM

Hi ladies. My son is 9 days old and latches pretty well so long as I use a nipple guard. He was jaundice so I have to feed him every 2-3 hours... I am a little concerned of letting him go longer through the night, but laat night I slept through my alarm and he woke me up after 4 hours to nurse. So I am unsure if I will let him wake me tonight or continue to wake him. Breastfeeding is as absolute amazing bond and I am so happy that I am the only one who can do that for him.

ThaiSpice June 5th, 2013 06:52 PM

Congrats on your little one! Once he is gaining weight and his bilirubin is down, it's fine to let him sleep. Good luck to you! Make yourself at home here!

MichelleLynn June 5th, 2013 09:10 PM

Thanks!! How will I know for sure if his biliruben levels are down? The doctor did not to follow up blood work, just told us what to keep a look out for.

ThaiSpice June 5th, 2013 11:18 PM

Mostly by looking at his color...when he doesn't look orangy/yellow..

MichelleLynn June 6th, 2013 03:58 AM

Thanks!