JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f30-breastfeeding/)
-   -   Really bummed.. Matthew weaned. (warning on bc too) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f30-breastfeeding/2677337-really-bummed-matthew-weaned-warning-bc-too.html)

KiwiMommy September 7th, 2013 07:29 PM

Really bummed.. Matthew weaned. (warning on bc too)

I got the mirena last.. I want to say September or October? My supply seemed fine for a while, but not the oversupply it had been. I figured it was because my supply regulated. Well, around March/April or so I noticed my supply was low. Not "I think it's low" but actually low. He was not satisfied anymore after nursing. He was much more thirsty. I got fenugreek a couple months later when I noticed my supply was extremely low (could barely hand express and pumping got me 1/4 an oz..both sides..total) and couldn't take it. Gag reflex had me gagging it back up and once I threw up and called it quits on the fenugreek. I tried drinking more, eating more (and as a result gained weight!) and pumping more. No change. I finally took out the mirena myself at the beginning of AF and it was super easy to remove. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my supply back still. It got to the point where I had to try for over a minute to hand express a drop. Matthew still nursed, but started screaming at night the second he was unlatched and was inconsolable. He stopped asking during the day too, except for naps. This was around July or so? I got some mother's milk tea to try but he was barely asking and began to refuse nursing a lot when I offered, except at night. Sometimes he bit, sometimes he shook his head no, sometimes he latched after a bit of coaxing but only for a few seconds. I felt super defeated and stopped offering and he only asked once every couple days at night when I went to bed (we bedshare) and officially it's been 8 days since I last nursed him, almost 9. I'm heartbroken, but at the same time I did my best and I am okay with that. We decided no more hormonal birth control as well. I gained so much weight that I was back to the weight I was when I was 9 months pregnant! I've lost a little over 10lbs now after a lot of hard work. We use condoms or the pnp method and I somewhat track my cycle.
I'm glad to have my body back too though. I had been bf'ing for almost 43 months straight! :eek:

mgm78 September 8th, 2013 04:15 AM

Re: Really bummed.. Matthew weaned. (warning on bc too)

awwwww, you did so well, nursing for that long for both your kids. Glad you came back for an update. I weaned DD a year and a half ago and she is still upset about it and asks about it and asks why she cannot still nurse, oh the mommy guilt :D But you did well, hang in there and remember all the good you did for your children.

Rachel September 9th, 2013 11:00 AM

I'm so sorry! ((hugs))

ThaiSpice September 9th, 2013 11:29 AM

Aw, hugs! I can understand why you'd be bummed, but you did a great job! :grouphug:

Shea131 September 9th, 2013 01:01 PM

Wow I think you did awesome!!! I'm happy to have almost made it 2 months! Lol!