JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f121-btdt-moms-advice-for-new-moms/)
-   -   Just one piece of advice? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f121-btdt-moms-advice-for-new-moms/1892378-just-one-piece-advice.html)

quietsong March 1st, 2010 07:00 AM

Just one piece of advice?

BTDT moms - If you could give just one piece of advice to new moms above anything else, what would it be?

New moms - what is the "biggest" question on your mind?

JessP April 13th, 2010 09:35 PM

Re: Just one piece of advice?

Trust yourself, you can do this and you will figure out what your baby needs.

You can't spoil an infant.

dunerchick April 14th, 2010 11:49 AM

roll with the punches, expect the unexpected. Little ones can be hard to figure out, doesn't mean somethings wrong. Also if you need help ask for it

mighttyjomomma May 4th, 2010 10:18 PM

Don't be afraid to send your baby to the nursery after they are born, sleep while you can!!! :lol:

MommaTrish May 4th, 2010 11:39 PM

Make sure you take some time for yourself every day or things can start seeming really overwhelming.

The Kimber May 18th, 2010 03:21 PM

sleep when they sleep.

briennaleigh May 19th, 2010 08:03 PM

My biggest question is how do I not screw her up?

MommaTrish May 19th, 2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briennaleigh (Post 20247324)

There's no way not to really. (Well, not counting being abusive, neglectful and such) You do your best and pray that you've prepared her to handle the twists and turns life throws at her.

MyDuckySam May 26th, 2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

as long as you feed, clothe and love her every single minute, you can't. Remember hands are for hugging and words are for saying I love you, you'll be just fine.

biggest advice to give?
if you feel yourself needing a break, take it. do whatever you have to get it, including calling a friend for just a 10 minute walk.

I had a friend that couldn't make the baby shower for my 2nd baby. she stopped in one day when he was about 5 weeks old and right at the tiem I needed to pick up my older son from school. she stayed with the baby for 20 minutes so I could pick him up without having to drag the baby out. How awesome is that? Way better than any gift she could have given me.

Amanda_Marie May 26th, 2010 10:20 AM

Just remember everything is a phase and in the hard of times, it will end at some point. In fact you may miss it...

Every baby has sleepless nights and fussy moments.

minxiemama June 1st, 2010 03:16 PM

Have faith in yourself and your instincts. You can read all the books in the world but it is still YOUR baby and YOU know your baby best!

GH1991 June 11th, 2010 03:55 PM

everything can change withing minutes always expect the unexpected (leo hadnt even tried to sit up then 1 minute he did didnt work out to well not major bad but I wish he had shown sign like straining to get up) x

kerian June 21st, 2010 12:51 PM

dont be afraid to ask for help. mom also needs a time out sometimes

feythful August 22nd, 2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

:lol: My mom used to tell us that if we didn't get out of her house with at least a couple sessions of therapy worth of things we blamed her for that she hadn't done her complete job. I had a couple sessions in college, but realized my mom did the best she could with what she had. You will too.

K.A.T August 22nd, 2010 04:50 PM

Picks your battles. There are some things that you will find very challenging with young ones as they grow. Learn to not let the small things get the best of you.

CocoCake August 27th, 2010 08:43 PM

Be confident in your decisions, strong in your convictions and reserve the right to change your mind.

Mountain~Mama October 23rd, 2010 03:40 PM

Trust your gut. Ignore most of the advice people spew at you. Take a kajillion pictues because they grow and change soooooo fast.

MadelineMay October 26th, 2010 03:29 PM

Perfect doesn't exist. Learn to accept that and life will be more enjoyable. :smile:

Just Jen October 27th, 2010 12:16 PM

Give yourself an extra 20 minutes to get out the door.
No such thing as perfect - don't bother looking for it. The only exception to this rule is in your kid's smile and laugh, and the angelic look on their face when they sleep. Relish those.
You're going to make mistakes. Acknowledge them, apologize for them (and mean it) learn from them and move on.
Life won't suck if the laundry goes undone.
You will need your own time, mommy time. So will your partner. Let them have it too. You pick up their slack, they will pick up yours. Or, if you're solo take advantage of every opportunity you get.

I know, way more than 1 piece of advice, but they are relevant to my life.

*Jennifer* November 5th, 2010 11:08 AM

Do what works for you and your child.