JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Random Poll Time! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/1289489-random-poll-time.html)

Mama.Angie October 26th, 2008 07:15 PM

How many working mommies do we have in here? :smile:

blondie-lox October 26th, 2008 08:14 PM

I'm a SAHM and I love it. I am planning on going back to work when Lincoln is about 1.

wishing October 27th, 2008 05:23 PM

I was a working mommy and uni student until my second was born, then became a SAHM and uni student. I plan to stay off with the twins until they are atleast 2 possibly longer then we will see.

*ScrappyMom* October 27th, 2008 09:46 PM

I'm a SAHM, & have been since a month before my oldest was born (so, 6 and a half years). As much as I complain, I LOVE it! I am thinkig of maybe going back to work when my youngest (he's 4) is 12 or so. So, 8-ish years.
However, because I had the boys very young (19 & 21), and since I'm only 26, I do plan on going to school, eventually. I'm going to get my LPN (mostly online), & right now, work/volunteer (volunteer but get paid) 2 hours a week for the RPN in town, through Mental Health, which is a bonus, because the RPN can be a reference for me for nursing school, & I'm already working at the hospital. Plus, I get experience with certain things! But it is so super casual, I don't ever HAVE to do it, & don't in the summer/holidays.

2pinks&ablue October 28th, 2008 09:00 PM

I'm a SAHM and I love it. I'm also a university student. I plan to work again eventually, but probably only from home, at least until my children are older.

~Valerie~ October 29th, 2008 05:13 AM

I'm a SAHM and will be going back to work once all the LO's are in school

cherry08 October 29th, 2008 10:16 AM

I work full time and will continue to do so after my maternity leave is up.

Frozendesire October 29th, 2008 11:39 PM

I am currently a SAHM. I have been since Dec 06, my son was born Jan 07. I plan to be a SAHM until the youngest of my babies is in school, and then work part time while they are in school. We plan on having three (we'll see how two goes hehehe) so it will be a while yet.

Just_Marie October 31st, 2008 02:53 PM

I went back to work when DS was one. I work two jobs, one full time teaching a course online from home year-round, the 2nd is a casual job in the OR. DS goes across the street to a dayhome 3-4 days a week while I do school work or work from 9-3 in the OR. It costs alot to live here and we like to travel and buy nice things, and DS LOVES playing with other kids. I keep Tuesdays free to ourselves and keep him home to take him to music, swimming and gymnastics, and I only tend to work 2-3 days in the OR each week. Since DH does all shift work, my schedule is perfect for us right now. I also never work on weekends.