JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Can I complain for a sec? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/1632224-can-i-complain-for-sec.html)

Patriciamomofboys July 13th, 2009 03:21 PM

Can I complain for a sec?

Why do americans think we don't pay for healthcare? Before my dh got laid off we were paying about $400 a month but we didn't notice because of the way the company had it set up. I don't really know how it worked but we didn't really notice that it was that much. So he got laid off and today we got a bill for provincial healthcare and of course they went off his income from his last job... The last time we were on provincial healthcare we were paying something like $40 a month for the 2 of us... the bill we got today was over $500!(for 3 of us) :cry:

We were just getting back on our feet after the layoff and now this. I knew it was going to be a lot but geez! I wonder what his benefits will be like when he's a cop...

blondie-lox July 13th, 2009 03:56 PM

Re: Can I complain for a sec?

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get some good benefits.

cutie pie July 28th, 2009 08:49 AM

DH has a great healthcare package at work, but I know for MSP it's like $60 per person, or $120 or something for 3. My friend just had a baby and as a single mom living at home, her son isn't covered under her parents health plan, so she has to pay for him out of pocket. Doesn't make ANY sense to me, but that's what it is.

I'm pretty sure as a cop, your DH's plan would be awesome. Stick it out, might be tough now, but soon enough, hopefully, you guys won't have to worry about it.

bluebutterfly July 28th, 2009 11:52 AM

Sorry to hear that! A few people I know are cops and they say the benefits are pretty good.

JMTSMOMMA July 28th, 2009 08:23 PM

We don't pay for health care at all in Manitoba even without benefits there are no costs to us for Doctor visits etc...DH's benefits cover any prescription costs. I know my brother pays a hefty amount per year living in BC though.

2pinks&ablue August 4th, 2009 04:32 PM

I'm sure you'll get pretty great benefits once he's a cop!

Here in NB, we don't have to pay for doctor's visits, etc.. just prescriptions.

Patriciamomofboys August 5th, 2009 08:38 AM

hmmm. Seems like BC is really not the province to be living in lol.

Terri. August 6th, 2009 10:24 AM

I still have to pay for prescriptions, but not doctor's visits. Americans think we don't pay for healthcare because we don't pay for every stitch & bandaid like they do ^_^