JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Oh Ya I'm Goin There! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/1754447-oh-ya-im-goin-there.html)

JMTSMOMMA October 29th, 2009 10:10 AM

Oh Ya I'm Goin There!

When do you put your Christmas tree up? Do you put one in your DC rooms or just one main one? Do your decorations all match or are they an eclectic mix of homemade and such?

I am a Christmas JUNKIE so I WILL drive you insane with the Christmas talk of ALL SORTS lol!

Patriciamomofboys October 29th, 2009 11:08 AM

Re: Oh Ya I'm Goin There!

We put our tree up about 2 or 3 weeks before Christmas. We don't use a fake tree so it depends how fresh they are when we go look at them. If we used a fake tree it would probably be up the day after dh's b-day (his b-day is nov. 21st). We have a little fake tree that I like to put up in honor of the baby that we lost in 2004 and this year it will be for that baby and the one we lost in Feb. I have no idea where it's going to go though... maybe my room. Our decorations are all a mix. We have some that my grandma gave us because she doesn't use them anymore, we have some that my mom gave us because she doesn't use them anymore and we have some that we've bought ourselves. We have a ton of lights. In past years our lights have gone up no later than Dec. 1st and I think once they were up in early nov. This year we arn't allowed too put them up before dec 15th. The townhouse that we bought is in a strata and strata rules don't allow Christmas lights or outside decorations before dec. 15th or after jan 15th. :(:(:( We'll probably put the lights up inside and then take them down to put outside when it's allowed.

~LaNa~ October 29th, 2009 01:20 PM

We usually decorate only one xmas tree that we put in the living room.While i was living with my parents most of the time we put 2 , one in the living area and one in my room.The decorations that i used in my room matched together most of the time unlike the one my parents used lol
Now we try to make all the stuff match together, coz it seems that DH prefers it this way as well :)

Oh,yes..we don't decorate until at least middle of December.I'm Ortodox and my xmas is on the 7th of January so im kinda used putting all the decorations up later than what DH's used too lol
However, we do celebrate both Xmas, the one on the 25th and the one in January.

Taramomof3 October 29th, 2009 02:00 PM

We put the tree up on Dec 1st, most of the decorations match but I make pop corn garlins and such with the kids to add on there. I am sure as the years go on it will start to look really out there with all the decorations the kids will make in school and such. We only have one tree and it goes in the living room.

blondie-lox October 29th, 2009 02:40 PM

We only do one tree and we will put it in the living room. I'm hoping Lincoln doesn't rip it apart though. I have a theme for my decorations, all of them are red and gold. I love my tree.

Just_Marie October 29th, 2009 10:40 PM

We have a big fake tree that will probably go up in the LR on Nov 15th. We did buy Nolan a 3' tree for his bedroom this year, he'll be so excited! I love Christmas! It'll be a good year since the twins probably won't be crawling by Christmas to rip everything down!

2pinks&ablue October 30th, 2009 09:20 AM

I plan to have 4 trees lol, the one in our kitchen/hall will be up by the end of November (it's fake) and it's country style/homemade decorations, the one in the living room won't be up until the first week of December (it will be real) and most of my decorations match.. and then we're planning to put one in each of the kids rooms, just a small real one, and their decorations will probably be a mixture.

I am a Christmas fanatic!!

JMTSMOMMA October 30th, 2009 12:49 PM

When do you put your Christmas tree up? Before James it was Dec.1st. Now I wait until about the 15th just to save me grief lol!

Do you put one in your DC rooms or just one main one? We will put up the main tree in the living room, a small tree in James room and then two decorated tress outside! Plus ridiculous amounts of lights, wreaths, candles and such!

Do your decorations all match or are they an eclectic mix of homemade and such?
So far they match but like Tara said that will change once James hits school!

Kalia20 October 31st, 2009 09:45 AM

I havent even thought about it, there really isnt any room in our place for one