JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   ~January Chat Thread~ (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2610181-january-chat-thread.html)

Jessimaaka January 1st, 2013 08:09 AM

~January Chat Thread~

Here is your January Chat Thread!

We got 127 posts in December :bluecheer:

I bet we can do better in January when we aren't as busy with Christmas!

~MamaTutu~ January 1st, 2013 09:39 AM

Re: ~January Chat Thread~

We can definitely beat 127! That's not a bad number though, considering just a few months ago there were rarely any posts at all here!

I like your avatar, Jess. So true. :)

Jessimaaka January 1st, 2013 01:16 PM

Not too shabby for sure!

I LOVE Finding Nemo! When I was pregnant with Cameron, we were team green, and his nickname was Squishy (from Dorrie talking to the jellyfish) so it has extra meaning for us :lol:

2pinks&ablue January 1st, 2013 03:07 PM

I think we can definitely beat it!

Almost finished my laundry! When mommy gets sick, the laundry piles up :lol:

magz88 January 1st, 2013 03:39 PM

Thanks for explaining Jess's avatar! I thought it had something to do with one of the women in our August PR.

January is going to be a busy month for me. I have 2 dentist appointments to get fillings, an exam to write, I start 3 new college courses, and I am hoping to register for a mommy and me fitness class and mother goose class. Oh, and we have to reschedule Theo's 4-month shots since the doctor cancelled our appointment that we had pre-Xmas.

mccaroline January 1st, 2013 05:06 PM

Of course we can beat that! We're few but mighty!

~MamaTutu~ January 1st, 2013 06:08 PM

I can't decide what to sign my little man up for this winter. We're in a little toddler sports class one morning a week, but I need a couple more activities too. I'll have to get on that pronto!

How has everyone's year been so far?

Jessimaaka January 1st, 2013 06:40 PM

LOL Maggie, did you think it had to do with Emma?

Glad you're feeling better Chantelle! Laundry piles up here too...I refuse to let DH do it since he's colour blind, and he is not good at hanging my stuff up that doesn't go in the dryer :lol:

Jenn what are you thinking? Swimming is always fun! I'm going to register for another Mommy & Me water yoga class tomorrow since Cam enjoys water. Intro gymnastics classes are always fun too if you have one around, especially at his age (based on your ticker).

Our new years day was pretty good, we took the dog to the dog park, and I brought Cam with us, I wore him in it. Then visited DH's aunt for a bit. I had a hot tub with my sisters tonight, but Cam is having a bit of separation anxiety from me and cried most of the time I was in the hot tub :( So it was much shorter than planned :( Hoping he gets over that soon!

#5in2005 January 2nd, 2013 03:25 AM

I guess I'll just jump in....

I can't sleep, it's 4 am, and I somehow started thinking about my to-do list which is rather extensive because I haven't done a whole lot in the house. I'm mostly home today though, so if I just get at it (and put the kids to work) I should get a lot done.

My washer broke last week, but since I didn't know how long it will take for the repair guy, my mom is doing it for me. (phew, that sure beats hanging out at the laundromat).

Jessimaaka January 2nd, 2013 05:07 AM

So glad your mom is close to you and can help you out!

I haven't had a 4am morning where I couldn't sleep in a while...2am however is another story :lol:

Had to drive DH to work this morning at 6:30 since I need his truck today to go to our Wednesday mommy & me exercise class. Hoping I can pick up my jeep this afternoon with everything fixed!

Don't forget to sign the January roll call! Its in the stickies ;)

2pinks&ablue January 2nd, 2013 07:30 AM

January should actually be a pretty laid back month for me, the only thing I really need to worry about is Rylan's 4th birthday on the 27th.

Heading to a friend'a house this afternoon, I offered to help her clean her house and what not. She's going through a bad break-up and could really use the company/help.

mccaroline January 2nd, 2013 08:47 AM

Since DH is working today and the girls are having a sleepover at my mom and dad's I'm spending today trying to get things ready for DD1's birthday party. It's a carnival theme. I have 8 games where the kids can earn tickets and then trade the tickets in for prizes at the end of the party. I currently have 140 prizes mainly little things like tattoos and puzzle erasers and a few big things like a set of beach toys. I'm going to figure out what each prize should be worth for tickets and do the invites today.

Jessimaaka January 2nd, 2013 10:42 AM

Busy days ahead for everyone!

I'm hoping next week to start stripping the wallpaper in our spare room. We're going to paint, so I have to pick a colour as well. My sisters agreed to help me strip and watch Cam while we do it :)

mccaroline January 2nd, 2013 12:02 PM

Oh! Call me strange, but I love stripping wall paper and painting!

magz88 January 2nd, 2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessimaaka (Post 26924398)
LOL Maggie, did you think it had to do with Emma?

I had a hot tub with my sisters tonight, but Cam is having a bit of separation anxiety from me and cried most of the time I was in the hot tub :( So it was much shorter than planned :( Hoping he gets over that soon!

Yep!

I hope Cam gets over the SA soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by #5in2005 (Post 26925157)
I guess I'll just jump in....

I can't sleep, it's 4 am, and I somehow started thinking about my to-do list which is rather extensive because I haven't done a whole lot in the house. I'm mostly home today though, so if I just get at it (and put the kids to work) I should get a lot done.

My washer broke last week, but since I didn't know how long it will take for the repair guy, my mom is doing it for me. (phew, that sure beats hanging out at the laundromat).

Hi! I HATE when appliances break down. It always take me buy surprise.

Jessimaaka January 2nd, 2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccaroline (Post 26927257)
Oh! Call me strange, but I love stripping wall paper and painting!

I love picking paint colours and such. My dad does the actual painting since DH is colour blind (to the point he has issues seeing what is dry vs wet, etc.). This is our last room of full wallpaper to do - I just prefer paint over wallpaper. We have a bathroom and the master bedroom with borders that I want to take down still. The people who had the house before did the wallpaper properly (and its not that old) so its really not that hard to strip....here's a picture of my mom stripping the dinning room - people didn't believe us that it was coming off as easy as we said until they saw this :lol:

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8d0b9b9b.jpg

Everything is empty because this is the week we moved in so nothing's done...excuse the mess :lol:

mccaroline January 2nd, 2013 02:05 PM

Nice!!

I'm either, stupid, can't add or can't read. Not sure which at the moment, but I need 5000 tickets to do each girl's party, 2500 for each of them. I ordered a big roll of fancy tickets with stars on them on line (so they looked nicer than the ones that say refreshments or something like that on them) I thought I was getting a great deal, $5.95 for 5000. Perfect. Nope, not so much, I have 2000 tickets. That's not even enough to do one girl's party. I went back to the website and sure enough it says 2000 right there in big bold letters. I don't have time to order more plus I ordered them through a co-op so that saved me a lot of money on shipping, and I haven't found anything similar for sale in stores around here. Now what?

Jessimaaka January 2nd, 2013 02:15 PM

That sucks!!!!

What are the tickets for that you need so many? To make up the difference, what about the refreshment/admit one ones sprayed with glitter or something to make it more fun? I know that's a crappy substitution though.

So DH was sent home from work at 2pm this afternoon - a truck was leaving their yard, and knocked 5 power lines - the street his work is on (a dead end) was shut down and all the businesses sent home. Now they're closed tomorrow too - he's unpaid. Fantastic! Right after Christmas. :mad:

mccaroline January 2nd, 2013 02:35 PM

That sucks! Not the way to get extra time with your DH.

The tickets are prize tickets since both girls want a carnival themed party. Instead of handing out prizes for each game we're handing out tickets at the end of the party the kids can trade in their tickets for prizes on the prize table. I have 8 games and 20 kids for 2 hours. I need enough to go around and since they are kids I'm not counting on being able to reuse the tickets for the second party.

Ash22 January 2nd, 2013 06:13 PM

Fairly busy month ahead for us. My son has his developmental assessment Friday. We get the RX Tuesday. Then probably start his therapy. I have to plan his bday party for the 26th. His birthday is the 28th. 3!!! Wow time does fly.

Also trying to focus on myself a little more this year.