JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Domestic terrorism in the 'Big Friendly Country' (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2615603-domestic-terrorism-big-friendly-country.html)

crunchywannabe January 17th, 2013 12:19 AM

Domestic terrorism in the 'Big Friendly Country'

Once again I don't mean to get political, but now that Idle No More is starting to take a pretty scary turn I'm wondering if it's making more prominent spot in the news across the country?
There has been more than one direct threat of domestic terrorism, and yet people don't seem to be taking notice. I know there are little things through Ont, but it does seem to be pretty isolated to the Prairies.

The reason I bring it up is only because the idea of these threats coming true really makes me nervous. Should they 'make good' on them I worry what that means for our family directly with dh's ties to the military, and also what that opens us up for as a country regarding attacks from foreign enemies.

I'm really counting on this being 'just talk', because no one else seems as worried. Tired and hormonal me should really stop reading the Winnipeg Free Press :)

2pinks&ablue January 17th, 2013 05:40 AM

Re: Domestic terrorism in the 'Big Friendly Country'

I haven't been following much, but thankfully in my area they've kept their protests peaceful (so far).

Countrymom4 January 17th, 2013 08:03 AM

I have not been following either, so I don't know much.

#5in2005 January 17th, 2013 08:12 AM

I don't follow the news super carefully, but enough to know if something big is going on. Haven't heard it yet. Not to completely disregard it but it sounds like something news people love to dramatize, if you know what I mean.

crunchywannabe January 17th, 2013 09:38 AM

I absolutely agree that the media sensationalizes most stories! But you can't deny that threatening to bring the canadian economy 'to it's knees' and that peaceful protests aren't the answer are pretty serious. It makes me nervous is all.

~MamaTutu~ January 17th, 2013 10:07 AM

It's in the news here a bit, but I had no idea there was a threat of terrorism. The big meeting with the GG and Prime Minister was last week, I believe. But the main story seems to be the ongoing hunger strike and how it is hurting the cause in the eyes of Canadians.

I hope (for your sake) that this remains peaceful and that things are resolved before they escalate.

Jessimaaka January 17th, 2013 10:23 AM

Wow, no I didn't hear anything like that. While a lot of it can be talk, I'm sure it is pretty scary! I haven't heard much about it except for that one protest close to me - seems much worse where you are. KUP on what goes on around you.

magz88 January 17th, 2013 05:15 PM

Terrorism would be the absolute worst move!