JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Big Brother Canada Chat Thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2630128-big-brother-canada-chat-thread.html)

Jessimaaka February 27th, 2013 05:45 PM

Big Brother Canada Chat Thread

Post here about your thoughts on each episode of Big Brother Canada!!!!

sweety_pie February 28th, 2013 05:36 AM

Re: Big Brother Canada Chat Thread

I never got to see last nights yet, will have to watch it online! lol

Jessimaaka February 28th, 2013 07:08 AM

I pvr'd it and haven't had a chance to watch it yet :)

2pinks&ablue February 28th, 2013 09:24 AM

I watched it, but I won't give anything away- let's just say that I'm disappointed by the nominations!

crunchywannabe February 28th, 2013 10:29 AM

Over all I'm excited for this season... I think that the personalities are good, the house is nice, and the competition so far has been fun to watch.

1st thing I noticed that I really didn't like was how in the introductions they really tried to 'set up' 2 of the houseguests... I mean I so far I like both of them, but I would much rather they find that out for themselves... it makes me think that the show will be much more producer directed than I'd like to think it is.

The other thing was, and I may be mistaken that there is no actual 'outdoor' space... the back yard is still indoors.... I thought in the american version they at least did get some real sunlight... but maybe it's just really good natural 'looking' light. who knows. That would be hard for me to handle.

Kelz88 February 28th, 2013 02:21 PM

I already dont like one person lol. He seems like an arse ^_^

I love big brother though I hope they get good ratings so they can continue to have American big brother in the summer and Canadian big brother in the winter :)

2pinks&ablue February 28th, 2013 07:07 PM

Getting ready to watch tonight's episode, it's on at 11 here but I'll wait until about 11:15 so I can fast forward through all the commercials :lol:

sweety_pie March 1st, 2013 05:12 AM

I didn't mind it, can't wait to see last nights episode this evening :)

I was wondering about the "outside" space as well! They must be able to get some fresh air or something? lol :confused:

mccaroline March 1st, 2013 07:59 AM

The grass area is inside, but I think the hot tub is outside. I could be wrong though.

I don't know I'm not as impressed with it as I thought I'd be. I'll watch a couple more shows before deciding for sure if I like it or not.

Jessimaaka March 1st, 2013 08:52 AM

I just watched last night's....omg, the glitter would drive me bonkers.

Coming from someone who's never watched, I'm enjoying it. But I remember why I've never watched before...3 episodes a week is a big committment! Lol.

2pinks&ablue March 1st, 2013 09:29 AM

The glitter would drive me nuts too! I'm so not a "glitter person".

I'm a bit disappointed about the eviction, it's not who I would've chosen, but it was better than there other option I guess!

Has anyone watched the live feed yet?

mccaroline March 1st, 2013 10:25 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about the free live feed. I was surprised it was free.

Glitter would drive me nuts!

Jessimaaka March 1st, 2013 11:23 AM

They said the site hosting the live feed has already crashed once because of traffic :lol:

2pinks&ablue March 1st, 2013 01:45 PM

DH said the feed when Big Brother started was free too the first year they did it, so I wonder if it's a one year thing.

crunchywannabe March 2nd, 2013 12:28 PM

I just watched Thurs. episode today!

So glad Emmet stayed. I like him right now... there are a lot of people I don't really like, but we'll see how it goes farther into the game!

I always have the same impression by this point in the original Big Brother. Until you get into the swing of the show it's hard to know if it's gonna be good or a gong show! Although I knew by now with The Bachelor Canada that it wasn't going to be good!

2pinks&ablue March 2nd, 2013 03:30 PM

I really like Emmett too, DH likes him and Peter (but I think it's mostly because Peter is from NB lol)

crunchywannabe March 2nd, 2013 05:09 PM

I just went to check out the live feed, and it just says 'something top secret is going on right now' and won't show anything. That's disappointing! Don't advertise something as available 24/7 and then block out what you don't want others seeing... It makes me think it's much more 'scripted' than they want to portray

Jessimaaka March 2nd, 2013 06:42 PM

That's so annoying!!! I agree...makes it seem more scripted.

mccaroline March 2nd, 2013 07:13 PM

Mmm, that does make it seem very scripted, doesn't it. I've always wondered if the US on is more scripted than they let on too.

2pinks&ablue March 2nd, 2013 08:44 PM

I've heard that'big brother' does try to have a lot more influence than they want people to think. The only thing I can understand them not wanting to show on the feed is the competitions because then no one would need to watch the show.