JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Trashy Tuesday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2639706-trashy-tuesday.html)

Jessimaaka April 1st, 2013 08:32 PM

Trashy Tuesday

What day is your garbage day? (or what do you do to get rid of your garbage if you don't have regular pickup)

magz88 April 1st, 2013 09:35 PM

Re: Trashy Tuesday

Tuesday!

2pinks&ablue April 2nd, 2013 07:12 AM

Monday here!

crunchywannabe April 2nd, 2013 08:10 AM

The dump is open on Tuesdays 10-6 and Saturdays 10-6... In the summer we do so well with only having to take our garbage there once every 3-4 weeks because we compost and make a really valiant effort to recycle... in the winter, when it's actually more difficult to get to, and drop off stuff, we seem to be slacking and it's at least every 2 weeks, depending on dh's work schedule.

sweety_pie April 2nd, 2013 09:28 AM

Tuesdays here.

Irish_Wristwatch April 2nd, 2013 10:14 AM

our garbage gets picked up on wednesday morning, but we put it all out on tuesday before bed, since they come quite early

Jessimaaka April 2nd, 2013 10:58 AM

Ours is Monday but we put everything out Sunday night for the same reason as Jessica :)

mccaroline April 2nd, 2013 12:29 PM

Ours is on an 8 day rotating schedule, so it goes like this:

Week 1 - Monday
Week 2 - Tuesday
Week 3 - Wednesday
Week 4 - Thursday
Week 5 - Friday
Week 6 - No pick up
Then we start over again at Week 1, unless there's a holiday, then it throws the whole schedule off by a day, so if we have a Monday pick up and that Friday is a holiday then we don't get pick up Tuesday the next week, it jumps to Wednesday. Are you confused yet?

Jessimaaka April 2nd, 2013 12:39 PM

Umm...I just got tired reading that! Holy cow!

Irish_Wristwatch April 2nd, 2013 02:29 PM

ya thats way to much thinking for me! id have to mark it on the down or id never remember

mccaroline April 2nd, 2013 02:47 PM

We get a calendar each year that has each pick up day highlighted, I keep it on a nail by the door, it's the only way I can keep track of it.

Oh and you can't go by when other people in the city put out their garbage unless they are on the same street because the city is divided into 6 zones each with pick up on a different day of the rotation.

Jessimaaka April 2nd, 2013 04:17 PM

Yeah depending on where you are here, that is when your garbage day is, it can be any day from Monday-Friday here!

Countrymom4 April 3rd, 2013 01:53 PM

We have our own dump so when ever DH takes it out