JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   clothing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2642915-clothing.html)

Countrymom4 April 13th, 2013 06:13 AM

clothing

I started thing after the Brand loyalty post.

When it come to cloths do you buy a brand name ?
Do you shop that brand for the whole family ?

crunchywannabe April 13th, 2013 07:54 AM

Re: clothing

When it come to cloths do you buy a brand name ?Sometimes. I don't specifically look for 1 brand, but if I'm buying new clothing for myself, I look for quality over quantity. It's one of the ways I've found to save significant amounts of money over time.
Do you shop that brand for the whole family ?Dh buys his own clothes, and generally sticks to a few 'names' but he's a jeans and tshirts guy. For Baby, I've been given lots of hand me downs, and gifts many of which are brand name. When/if ;) I ever have to buy him new clothes, I will follow the same rule. Quality made products win out over the cheap stuff all the time!

Jessimaaka April 13th, 2013 08:32 AM

For me, its whatever is on sale. Except for my workout clothes, I LOVE Lululemon.
DH lives in Old Navy, they fit him well, inexpensive, wear well, and the jeans fit his bubble butt :lol:
For Cam, I tend to stick with Carters and Old Navy. He has a few things from The Children's Place, which are ok. He also has some Joe Fresh but I've stopped buying from there since they just don't fit his body type...the pants are too short but still falling off since they're too big around his waist.

So I guess we are somewhat brand loyal but more so from a comfort point of view.

Edited to add: I do not wear Old Navy at all. SO does not work on my body type. So 2/3 isn't bad :lol:

Countrymom4 April 13th, 2013 12:00 PM

Most of our family dresses western so there is only a couple brand names, wrangler cruel girl, Farm boy, carhartt...

But DD#1 wears also of old navy jeans, I don't like the shirts there. She also loves bench as do I. Ds#1 likes bench sweaters because of the thumb holes :)

Irish_Wristwatch April 13th, 2013 03:58 PM

i do buy certain brands, because i like the fit, style ect We all wear a lot of old navy

2pinks&ablue April 14th, 2013 09:52 AM

I don't really look for brand names, but we own a lot of them because we shop sales/second hand. My family also buys a lot of brand name gifts. The only thing I purposely look for in specific brands are jeans (DH and I both love Silver jeans and feel they are worth the money because they last so long. We also wear a lot of AE and Aeropostale jeans.) For Alyssa and Rylan, they wear mostly children's place jeans because the adjustable waist makes it easier to find a fit (they're both tall and quite thin).

sweety_pie April 14th, 2013 03:20 PM

I don't ALWAYS buy name brand, but do if I can find a good price or sale. I do always get name brand sneakers.

magz88 April 14th, 2013 04:02 PM

Not really. Mark's has 36-inch inseam pants so I will go there for pants or sometime's VS. Most everything else I buy used or it is an interesting Tshirt from Etsy.