JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Car Seat Tech! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2644304-car-seat-tech.html)

crunchywannabe April 18th, 2013 03:46 PM

Car Seat Tech!

YAY! I passed with 100% I am now a certified car seat tech!!! What a fantastic course! I can't wait to get out there and help others keep their kids as safe as possible while in the car, and now I really want to go install Baby's Car Seat in my car!!!

I am also appalled at some of the laws here in MB, and across Canada. The stats speak for themselves, there are way too many children killed or injured in collisions and yet our gov. is really far behind!

I'd love to answer any questions you might have, feel free to PM me if you'd like! But really I can't stress enough, no matter how much you think you know, or how 'proper' your seat is installed, go get it checked!!! The worst that will happen is that they tell you how perfect you are! I considered myself to be very well versed in the subject, and I took away a lot of new information!!!

mccaroline April 18th, 2013 04:16 PM

Re: Car Seat Tech!

Congratulations!

Our cousin is certified through his job with the police force we've had him check all our car seats. It paid off too, when I got in a crash with DD1 in the car the first thing the officer who responded said was how well strapped in she was and how it likely saved her life.

Irish_Wristwatch April 18th, 2013 04:47 PM

thats awesome! who did you take the course through? its something id be interested in doing at some point

crunchywannabe April 18th, 2013 06:36 PM

I did it through our Provincial insurance company (there is only 1 option for insurance here) It was a 2 day course, and now I'm certified to organize clinics etc. I need to do 10 inspections a year to keep my certification, but that shouldn't be too difficult! I'm so excited!

Jessimaaka April 18th, 2013 06:49 PM

That's awesome Kalynn! I have a friend who's certified and I had her check ours. I go through roundabouts regularly (I need to take a 10 min detour to get to my house if I want to avoid them), and they constantly have accidents at them, and on a daily basis I am almost hit, so it was high on my priority list.

I cringe when I see blatant obvious errors but don't know how to tactfully correct parents. But its those sneaker issues that most people miss.

magz88 April 18th, 2013 07:23 PM

Congrats, Kalynn! Very cool.

2pinks&ablue April 18th, 2013 08:58 PM

Congratulations! :)

Countrymom4 April 19th, 2013 07:27 AM

That awesome Congrats !!! I had a tech check DD#1 seats.