JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Team green? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2649102-team-green.html)

sweety_pie May 8th, 2013 11:20 AM

Team green?

How many ladies here decided to stay team green until delivery day?? I'm having an awful hard time deciding what I should do lol :rolleyes: My hospital here WILL NOT tell us the gender, so in order to find out we would have to drive 4 hours to the elective place, pay $175.00 and then drive 4 hours home! :eek: So i'm having a hard time deciding if its worth THAT much to know, or should we just wait!

Irish_Wristwatch May 8th, 2013 11:22 AM

Re: Team green?

I was going to stay on team green for our 3rd baby, but i caved. That being said if i had to drive 4 hours each way and pay 175 i would not find out.

Jessimaaka May 8th, 2013 11:23 AM

Wait!!! We were team green and I LOVED IT! It was so amazing in the delivery room!

Sorry, I can't remember, do you have one of each already? What would change if you knew? Is it clothing and determining only one name?

We were on team green, and I would do it again in a heartbeat :p

sweety_pie May 8th, 2013 11:27 AM

Yeah we have one of each, we found out with our son and then had to wait with our daughter (moved to a new area where they won't tell) I LOVED the surprise with my daughter, if was AWESOME after all the hard work to finally hear "It's a GIRL" :D So I guess the only reason I want to know is for shopping for clothes (gender neutral is hard to come by) and for the name! lol

2pinks&ablue May 8th, 2013 12:06 PM

I was team green with my first (they wouldn't tell us) and I loved the surprise! But with my last three I found out, just for planning reasons (and I knew I couldn't wait! lol). If we have another though, I think I'll try and stick it out on team green again :)

mccaroline May 8th, 2013 12:24 PM

I was on team green for both our first two, loved it! I planned on staying on team green for our last but then the U/S place gave us an envelope as we were about to leave and told me if I wanted to know to open it and if not to throw it in the garbage on the way out. Well once I had that envelope in my hands I caved and opened it in the parking lot. I have to say I really missed the surprise with our last especially since it was a planned section, it was weird knowing everything about him right down to delivery time before he was born.

Countrymom4 May 8th, 2013 08:00 PM

We were team green for the first 2 and found out for the 2 boys ! I loved both ways.

RinkMom May 8th, 2013 08:23 PM

We found out for all 4.

#5in2005 May 9th, 2013 08:23 AM

I didn't find out with my first 4. I tried to have them look with #4 right before she was born but they couldn't tell.
We found out with #5 so that everyone could get over it ahead of time that she was a girl. Dh and I were both happy to have a 5th girl, it's more that we didn't have to hear the stupid stuff people say about it right after the baby was born.

crunchywannabe May 9th, 2013 02:26 PM

It was 110% the right decision for us to find out we were having a boy! That said if we were in your circumstances I would not find out. I wasn't wanting more than 1 ultrasound in my pregnancy (although after some complications wound up with many more) and an 'elective' scan was just not my style, so I would have accepted that they just couldn't tell me at the scan I did have... but I am very grateful and relieved we found out.