JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   ***June Chat Thread*** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2655045-june-chat-thread.html)

Jessimaaka May 31st, 2013 07:06 PM

***June Chat Thread***

Can you believe its JUNE!?!?!?! We SMASHED our goal of 400 for May. That is AMAZING!!!! Dare I say see if we can aim for 425 this month? I know we were higher than that in May but May had an extra day. I seriously love love love our chat thread.

Some randoms...
- Friday June 21 will be the LONGEST day of 2013 for the Northern hemisphere ;)
- Some Canadian history occurring in June...
- 1945 - Canada joins the UN
- 1959 - St Lawrence Seaway opens
- 1980 - O Canada adopted as Canada's national anthem
- 1993 - Kim Campbell becomes the first female PM

- Some famous Canadians born in June:
- Michael J Fox (9th)
- Joshua Jackson (11th)

Jessimaaka June 1st, 2013 06:01 AM

Re: ***June Chat Thread***

Well, I've been debating if its a coincidence. I forgot to put Cam's amber necklace on after swimming on Monday and lost it for a few days (it was in the bottom of his swim bag). He was waking twice a night. I found it yesterday, put it on, and he was up 4 times. Coincidence or correlation?

DH went out for his friend's birthday last night and I stayed home with Cam. His friend's friend also had his little boy the same day as Cam (they hung out at the hospital lol), and he was there. He is having WORSE sleep problems than Cam. I think there was something in the water at the hospital that day.

mccaroline June 1st, 2013 06:19 AM

Sad, I am older than the National anthem. We actually learned both O Canada and God Save the Queen in school and both were sang every morning. But then again I also grew up during the time period when we said the Lord's Prayer in public schools.

Irish_Wristwatch June 1st, 2013 07:54 AM

i had no idea o canada had only been the national anthem since 1980, thats cool! Im not sure if there is a correlation between amber and waking at night, unless it annoys him in his sleep? usually kids sleep better with amber because it helps reduce teething pains ect. take it off at bed time and see what happens tonight

my ILs are coming up to visit today and we are going out to eat, a restaurant with 3 under 3 sounds like a brilliant idea right :P

Jessimaaka June 1st, 2013 08:37 AM

I may take it off tonight and see!

Yeah I was surprised that it was only 1980 as well. I thought it was the 60s. I knew it was relatively recent though. We also said the Our Father in school, but I attended catholic school.

3 under 3 in a restaurant is brave! I debate going with Cam half the time!!!

We're going to DH's aunt's house this afternoon since his grandparents are in town and they haven't seen Cam since Christmas. His mom (who also hasn't seen him since Christmas) on the other hand keeps asking us to drive up to her for the day...she said he can nap on her bed. Um...no, I am not leaving my mobile baby on a bed by himself. And there is absolutely no reason she can't come down here so he can nap in his crib. I am very protective of his naps now that he's napping well.

Irish_Wristwatch June 1st, 2013 09:50 AM

we usually dont go out to eat, we tend to order in, but with 2 extra adults i figure we might be ok LOL

we prayed in school too, but i also went to a catholic school

Jessimaaka June 1st, 2013 12:36 PM

So we didn't up going to his aunt's because his grandparents didn't come.

Relaxing afternoon at home! I ran some errands, got stuff done, and am going to RELAX tonight!

mccaroline June 1st, 2013 01:48 PM

I want a relaxing day. So far we've been to my parent's for lunch, went shopping, and had a showing supposed to have 2 but it doesn't seem like the second one was here. Now I have to run back out because I forgot the hotdog buns for supper.

Countrymom4 June 1st, 2013 02:39 PM

we got BBQ's all weekend :eek: Tonight at a friends take appetizers, Tomorrow lunch church picnic take a salad, and then tomorrow night 4-H BBQ bring a salad. Tomorrow we don't come home at all in between :eek:

crunchywannabe June 1st, 2013 02:47 PM

I am hoping to keep up at least reading the chat thread this month.... obviously last month was interrupted for me!

My grandpa and his wife came by today, it was nice seeing them, My grandpa was quite emotional and you can tell he really loves Arthur, which is so nice because we didn't have a really close relationship later in my childhood.

The kicker is about 30 min. before they arrived I discovered water seeping into our basement! :/ not cool batman, not cool!

Jessimaaka June 1st, 2013 03:45 PM

Yay for showings Caroline! Boo that one didn't show.

Busy busy Chrystal! That's crazy you don't even get to come home in between tomorrow!

That's so sweet Kalynn :) Yuck for water - was it a lot? What was it from?

Had the most delicious dinner...thank you pinterest! sweet and sour chicken with fried rice and steamed broccoli. I am SO full.

crunchywannabe June 1st, 2013 03:53 PM

just a couple of mm in 2 corners of the basement, the ground is so saturated right now, we've got a couple of inches of rain in just a short period of time, so it's just ground water. A real pain in the rear though!
I don't even know what we are supposed to do about it... we've just been vacuuming it up with the shop vac, but I don't know what else we should be doing.

Jessimaaka June 1st, 2013 04:35 PM

Do you have any fans you can put down there to help air it out (obviously don't put them in the water :lol:)? At least you have a shop vac!

So I went grocery shopping during Cam's afternoon nap...why do I do this to myself! Never again! Twice I had the skin on the back of my ankle almost removed...not cool! And several times I almost did it to other people who just stop in the middle of the aisle. Frustrating! I really need to start going at like 8pm on a weekday again.

Irish_Wristwatch June 1st, 2013 05:02 PM

yikes flooded basement, sometimes we get water in ours when it rains really hard too, not fun at all!

we had a good afternoon, the kids did great at the restaurant, i was so proud of the way they behaved, definitely makes me think we can handle going out again. Im so full now though, we went to jack assters (sp?) and then out for ice cream, i ate way too much

Jessimaaka June 1st, 2013 05:41 PM

LOVE Jack Astors....so sad when they got rid of their peanut chicken stirfry (I forget the actual name). They closed down the one in town for a bit while I was pregnant and I seriously considered driving 45 min to the next closest one for a craving :lol: They reopened at a new location a couple months ago and I was super excited to get my stirfry and then find out its not on the menu anymore :(

Yay for good behaviour!!!

DH took the dog for a walk and she's COVERED in bug bites. Poor girl! DH got chewed up too :lol:

mccaroline June 1st, 2013 05:43 PM

I really thought I posted, JM is eating my posts again.

Do you have a dehumidifier? That really helped our basement when our sump pump quit at the old house.

Tomorrow is the last day for ringette!! Game at 10, then BBQ, followed by team challenges and another game at either 3 or 4 depending on our first game results.

It's our church BBQ tomorrow too, but it starts at 3 and is an hour away from the ringette games so we're going to have to miss it this year.

2pinks&ablue June 1st, 2013 05:45 PM

Just popping in, haven't read back yet.. it's been a crazy weekend here, I'm hoping for a relaxing day tomorrow!

Jessimaaka June 1st, 2013 07:13 PM

JM has been really glitchy for me for a few weeks now, running really slow too.

Yay for ringette being done and you getting a break! Too bad you have to miss the picnic though.

Hope you get to relax tomorrow Chantelle!

I have my friend's baby shower, super excited! I love baby showers!!!

Irish_Wristwatch June 2nd, 2013 03:48 AM

JM has been kinda glitchy here too, its not eating my posts but i will look and it will say so and so posted last, then i read the thread and that post isnt there.... strange!

its too early to be up and about...yawn

2pinks&ablue June 2nd, 2013 06:29 AM

Have fun at the baby shower, Jess!

We had the Relay for Life on Friday night. Alyssa raised money and was soooo excited. They had a lot of cool stuff going on for the kids too- bouncy castles, face painting, a magician.. but it had to be moved inside because of rain. They were even giving tornado warnings :blink: You could see the turning clouds, but thankfully they never touched down! They ended up closing down early though.