JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Sunday Shop (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2658849-sunday-shop.html)

Jessimaaka June 15th, 2013 05:38 PM

Sunday Shop

When grocery shopping, do you prefer to park as close as possible to the door, as far away as possible, close to where you drop off your cart or somewhere else (explain)?

2pinks&ablue June 16th, 2013 05:29 PM

Re: Sunday Shop

I usually try to find a parking spot that I can pull through so I don't have to back up. :lol:

sweety_pie June 17th, 2013 04:28 AM

I don't drive so we go where ever DH parks us lol :D

Irish_Wristwatch June 17th, 2013 04:32 AM

depends if im alone, with the kids or if Dh is with us. If im alone, or if Dh is with us, we just park wherever there is a spot. If i have the kids i park near one of those cart putaway spots so that after im done i can put the kids in the car, the groceries in the trunk and then not have to worry about walking through the parking lot with 3 small kids

RinkMom June 17th, 2013 07:21 AM

I park close to the cart corral. So I can get the kids in the car when I am loading groceries and not have to walk to too far leaving them in the car. I am nervous with them standing in the parking lot.

Countrymom4 June 17th, 2013 05:21 PM

I usually park closer to the carts, same reason as the other ladies :)

crunchywannabe June 17th, 2013 08:12 PM

I park as close to the door as possible. THe local grocery store (in the states) keeps all carts indoors, and the bag boy ALWAYS no matter what carries your bags to the car, and load it for you, then takes the cart back in himself!

mccaroline June 19th, 2013 09:02 AM

I also park near a spot to drop off the carts, but I also look for a spot where I can pull through. That sometimes means we have a small hike to get to the doors.

Jessimaaka June 19th, 2013 03:42 PM

I try and park near the carts. If I'm driving my Jeep, I'm ok with not pulling through, but its a must if I take DH's big truck instead.

magz88 June 20th, 2013 08:07 PM

That's really interesting about parking near the carts. I had never thought about that before! I will try not to park by them and leave them for those with lots of kids. :)

If I am driving I park out of the way of other cars. I am not the best at parking. My husband used to always try to park as close to the door as possible but he has relaxed on that a bit and will park where there is a spot. I was tired of spending ages looking for a close spot so I started complaining.