JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Scary Weather (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2661713-scary-weather.html)

crunchywannabe June 26th, 2013 07:40 PM

Scary Weather

So it got up to 38 degrees here yesterday with the humidity, and we had a wicked wicked thunder storm last night.

It got so bad we ended up sitting in our basement for a few hours. 1am-330am) and lost power until about 5pm today.
We went down there pretty fast so I just threw some stuff in a laundry basket topped with a few blankets and then put the baby on top to get down there. He ended up sleeping in the basket the last half of our 'camp out' (I wore him in my carrier for the first hour or so, the weather was THAT scary!)

Have you had much severe weather this year?
What do you do in the event of dangerous weather?
How do your little ones handle thunder storms?
Ever seen a tornado?

sweety_pie June 27th, 2013 03:37 AM

Re: Scary Weather

Sounds super scary! I've seen that there have been so many tornado warnings so far this year, freaks me out.

Have you had much severe weather this year? Not so far
What do you do in the event of dangerous weather? haven't dealt with anything too dangerous
How do your little ones handle thunder storms? They are nervous like me lol
Ever seen a tornado? No thank god, but the thought freaks me out

Irish_Wristwatch June 27th, 2013 04:33 AM

That sounds pretty scary! glad you are all ok!!!

We often get thunderstorms after very hot days too, but thankfully we havent had anything bad enough that i thought we needed to take cover in the basement. The kids dont mind thunderstorms, they are scared or anything so thats good. And no i have never seen a tornado, i dont think they are very common in this area

Jessimaaka June 27th, 2013 05:46 AM

Wow that's scary!

Have you had much severe weather this year? Just thunderstorms, and some tornado watches and warnings
What do you do in the event of dangerous weather? Nothing yet, but we would go into our back basement if we needed to take cover...although there was warnings to take cover about 3 years ago when DH and I lived in our apartment...and we stayed on the balcony :/ not so smart!
How do your little ones handle thunder storms? They don't phase him at all
Ever seen a tornado? Nope

2pinks&ablue June 27th, 2013 07:16 AM

Have you had much severe weather this year? Tons of heavy rain and high winds, a few power outages and some tornado warnings.
What do you do in the event of dangerous weather? Stay home, run water (we have no water if the power goes out), find flash lights, etc.
How do your little ones handle thunder storms? They actually don't mind them.
Ever seen a tornado? Thankfully not!