JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Christmas in July (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2663818-christmas-july.html)

mccaroline July 5th, 2013 08:30 PM

Christmas in July

Do you look forward to the Christmas in July sales, although I've noticed a lot of places are calling them Boxing Week in July sales this year, or avoid them as much as possible?

sweety_pie July 6th, 2013 05:41 AM

Re: Christmas in July

I've never heard tell of them :o Guess it isn't around here?

Jessimaaka July 6th, 2013 06:33 AM

I keep getting emails! HomeOutfitters is calling it the Bright White sale...odd I thought. But I normally love them!

Pampered Chef is selling off old colours and such, so I got the 9x13 stoneware pan for $20 (regular $60)...since I have one, I got 3 - one for SIL, MIL and FIL's girlfriend...Christmas shopping officially started :D

But I love a good sale anytime.

mccaroline July 6th, 2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweety_pie (Post 27500599)
I've never heard tell of them :o Guess it isn't around here?

Really? I thought since Sears, Canadian Tire and Home Depot are national chains the same sales would be offered everywhere. I'm sorry you're missing out. :(

I should contact a pampered chef person, I could use a $20 pan or two. :shhh:

We went out last night and got a ceiling fan for our bedroom at $100 off making it only $50. Then we went to HD just to look around and found a LG over the range microwave, which is what we needed, for less than the price of the cheap off brand one we were going to buy! It was $110 off it's regular price and over $75 less than the cheap brand. We weren't planning on buying one last night because we have no cupboard yet above our stove to attach it to, but at that price we couldn't leave it behind so it's sitting in our living room.

2pinks&ablue July 6th, 2013 11:11 AM

I don't shop at them much, but we are running one at my business and it's going great!

mccaroline July 6th, 2013 11:21 AM

I'm glad it's going well for you!

Normally I pay no attention at all to them, this year I was happy for the sales.

Jessimaaka July 6th, 2013 02:17 PM

I'm very much a sale person. Did you get the fan at Canadian Tire? If so I know which ones you were looking at as we almost got them as well :p

sweety_pie July 6th, 2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccaroline (Post 27500787)
Really? I thought since Sears, Canadian Tire and Home Depot are national chains the same sales would be offered everywhere. I'm sorry you're missing out. :(

I just got on the sears website though and seen they have a "boxing week" sale on! Never noticed it before lol :p

Irish_Wristwatch July 6th, 2013 05:51 PM

honestly ive never noticed them, i guess im not very observant, we also dont the paper/flyers so that could be why. I do love a good sale though

mccaroline July 6th, 2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessimaaka (Post 27501233)
I'm very much a sale person. Did you get the fan at Canadian Tire? If so I know which ones you were looking at as we almost got them as well :p

That's the one I got! It looks good and seems to be quiet, but we just put it up this evening so we'll see how it is in the quiet of the night.

This is the fan for those of you who don't get the Canadian Tire flyers:
For Living Nordica Ceiling Fan, 36-in, 6-blade | Canadian Tire

This is the microwave, the sale price isn't showing online, but it was $110 off in the store.
LG | 1.6 Cubic Feet Over The Range Microwave/Fan, White - LMV1600SW | Home Depot Canada

Jessimaaka July 6th, 2013 07:34 PM

Nice! We decided to get our patio set instead of fans this time around. My dad is watching the flyers for me since we don't get them for ceiling fans in the next few weeks. He got the ones for their bedrooms in May for $29 (obviously not as nice as those), and I'm hoping to spend that or maybe up to $40. We'll see what else comes up!

magz88 July 7th, 2013 08:25 PM

I've never really heard of them! I don't go to stores very often other than the grocery store.