JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Back to School! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2674763-back-to-school.html)

Jessimaaka August 25th, 2013 04:58 PM

Back to School!

1 more week till back to school!!!!

Anything special happening this week to prepare for it?

#5in2005 August 25th, 2013 06:59 PM

Re: Back to School!

We actually go back on wednesday already (well, 4 out of 5). We have the back to school BBQ on monday, and we're going to go swimming at our local pool on tuesday afternoon, just because we haven't all year yet.

I'm always a little sad when summer holidays are over, but I'm looking forward to routine,

mccaroline August 25th, 2013 07:31 PM

We go back the 3rd, I'm calling the school tomorrow to see if we can get a tour of the new school so the girls have an idea what the school looks like and where things are there. I can't wait to get back into routine, school starts, dance starts and ringette starts and as much as I've enjoyed some down time I'm ready for the hustle and bustle again.

sweety_pie August 26th, 2013 03:50 AM

My kids go back the 5th!! Crazy how fast the summer is gone!!

We pretty well finished up the school shopping this weekend!

Irish_Wristwatch August 26th, 2013 05:17 AM

I think the kids go back on the 3rd here. We dont have kids in school but i will be looking forward to all kids on our block going back, and not running in the streets all day!

Jessimaaka August 26th, 2013 06:58 AM

Lol, I always loved back to school. For like a week, and then I wanted summer back.

Linda, I thought everyone went back after Labour Day! That's crazy!

Yay for schedules returning!!!!

mccaroline August 26th, 2013 05:01 PM

We took the girls for a tour of their new school today. They are excited to start school now. It was nice for them to get to see where they will be going this year so they aren't completely lost next Tuesday.

Jessimaaka August 26th, 2013 05:19 PM

Awww, that's nice! I only went to one elementary school and one high school...so I never really was a new kid...everyone else was too lol.

I still love back to school even though I'm not in school lol.

mccaroline August 26th, 2013 06:41 PM

I was never a new kid either. I went to one elementary school and one high school like you, but I've seen how nervous my own kids are. I kinda feel bad for them.

2pinks&ablue August 27th, 2013 07:42 AM

My kids are homeschooled and while we've kept up with lessons some over the summer, we will start back full-time next week. We're spending Wednesday-Saturday on Prince Edward Island, and I have a little planning left to do, other than that though, we're ready :)