JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Trick or Treat! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2686368-trick-treat.html)

mccaroline October 16th, 2013 07:32 PM

Trick or Treat!

Getting away from all these Christmas threads and more to the holiday at hand.

Do you take your kids Trick or Treating?

Out door to door or to a mall or other inside event?

Do you go out on the 31st or does your town/neighbourhood move it to the closest weekend?

Jessifer October 16th, 2013 07:38 PM

Re: Trick or Treat!

Not doing anything for Halloween but couldn't resist buying a dragon costume for DS that I found in a second hand store. I'm just gonna dress him up for the day, take pictures for the family, and walk around with him while I do my chores and hope people tell me how adorable he is. LOL

Irish_Wristwatch October 17th, 2013 05:17 AM

Do you take your kids Trick or Treating? yep!

Out door to door or to a mall or other inside event? we go door to door, but if the weather was really truly awful, id consider an inside event if there is one near me, but ive never really looked into that, so i dont know that they have those here

Do you go out on the 31st or does your town/neighbourhood move it to the closest weekend? We go trick or treating on halloween, the idea of moving it, is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard, and seriously if my city did it, we wouldnt participate

Jessimaaka October 17th, 2013 05:33 AM

Sorry about the Christmas thread...I'm a bit of a planner lol.

More so in other years we'll take Cam out door to door on Halloween. They do a kids Halloween party through my work but its 11-2 and that's prime nap time for him right now so we're not going. This year we'll visit my parents and a few neighbours.

I've never seen it done on the closest weekend!

mccaroline October 17th, 2013 05:55 PM

We go trick or treating door to door. There was one mall in the city that did Mall or Treat, but I heard that it wasn't happening this year and since we never went anyways it doesn't matter to me but a lot of people are upset.

I never would have thought about moving Halloween to a different night, but on a local community board a mom asked if our village did trick or treating on Halloween or on the Friday night. Everyone who responded sounded just as shocked as you ladies, but she stated her previous small town moved it to the closest Friday night. That's why I wondered if anyone here had a town or city that did that.

Irish_Wristwatch October 17th, 2013 06:01 PM

ive heard from some ladies in the US from my PRs that their cities move it, i still think thats crazy, but maybe its a common thing to do there?

Jessimaaka October 17th, 2013 06:41 PM

I find the crunch is getting home from work, eating, and then getting out. So I'd see a Saturday rather than a Friday would be more helpful. Either way though, it would be weird not to be on the 31st.

sweety_pie October 22nd, 2013 08:27 AM

We go on the 31st, door to door around town.

2pinks&ablue October 24th, 2013 07:33 AM

Do you take your kids Trick or Treating? Yep.

Out door to door or to a mall or other inside event? Door to door, although we always go to the preschool party at the library a few days before, and this year we're having a small homeschool party.

Do you go out on the 31st or does your town/neighbourhood move it to the closest weekend? On the 31st!