JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   *~*December Chat Thread*~* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/2695630-december-chat-thread.html)

Jessimaaka December 1st, 2013 07:01 PM

*~*December Chat Thread*~*

Annnnnd...go!

mccaroline December 1st, 2013 07:11 PM

Re: *~*December Chat Thread*~*

Ha Ha! I totally missed it was December when I posted in the November thread. For anyone who wants to see it, one of our Christmas pictures of the kids is posted there. We had 6 poses done and over 90 shots, I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. The outtakes are good too, I'm having fun tonight laughing at some of them.

Irish_Wristwatch December 2nd, 2013 06:47 AM

super cute pic caroline! its awesome when they all smile at the same time LOL mine never do that!

Jessimaaka December 2nd, 2013 08:17 AM

Its my fault, I wasn't on till later on at night so didn't get it posted in time ;)

Post the picture again here! It was so cute!

I CANNOT believe its already December. Four months and I'll have a little squish!!!! I just hope he/she doesn't come April 1 lol. I kinda want to make a fake post on FB LOL.

mccaroline December 2nd, 2013 05:28 PM

Since Jess requested it, here's the picture again. All smiling is a fluke, you should see some of the outtakes. I have tongues sticking out, teeth being bared, kissy faces, some are really funny.

http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...4831d90d5a.jpg

Jessimaaka December 2nd, 2013 08:03 PM

So cute! And again, I love their outfits. Coordinated without being matchy matchy.

STOMP is coming to Kitchener, London and Hamilton. I want to go SOOOO bad but only one date in London works because I am SUPER busy with work in January...but I don't really want to drive all the way to London. Decisions decisions! Tickets are $57 so very reasonable!

Irish_Wristwatch December 3rd, 2013 07:19 AM

stomp sounds like so much fun!

Jessimaaka December 3rd, 2013 11:04 AM

I really want to go! And my mom emailed me asking to babysit so Kenny and I can have a night out soon. Now just to decide if I want to drive all the way to London or not to see it. I really prefer the Kitchener venue but the dates don't work out. We have a performance of theirs on DVD and it is SO cool.

Its going to be so mild here tomorrow, +7!

mccaroline December 3rd, 2013 11:26 AM

London's not so bad, it's a pretty easy drive. Take the back roads it's a lot nicer and you'll drive right through my village on your way.

It's supposed to be mild here for the next couple of days too.

I lost a gift, and I just bought the darned thing. I need to get it in the mail and I have no flipping idea where it is!

Jessifer December 3rd, 2013 12:22 PM

It's funny cause my father is from the London area and every summer we'd go on vacation and my dad would get all stressed out about the "traffic" and driving over there, and he'd end up taking all these backroads that would take forever cause you can't go faster than 80km on some of them.

But now that I live in Toronto, my parents come for a visit and drive all over the city and it's not a big deal anymore.

Irish_Wristwatch December 3rd, 2013 01:58 PM

its going to be really mild here for the next few days too, im hoping it will melt the snow, im over winter already!

I hope you find the present caroline!!!

mccaroline December 3rd, 2013 03:53 PM

Yes, the back roads are all 80km, but most of the time it's still faster than the 401, especially during rush hour, and it's only about 1.5 hours to Kitchener and 2 hours to Toronto.

I found the present and got it to the post office with minutes to spare.

Irish_Wristwatch December 3rd, 2013 04:45 PM

glad it turned up!

Jessimaaka December 3rd, 2013 06:19 PM

Is Budweidser Gardens an arena? The acoustics in there could be pretty cool for the kind of show STOMP is. The Centre in the Square is just so nice and cushiony for a preggo lady to sit in though lol.

DH prefers backroads anyways....and the show we'd go see there is Saturday evening which is good, and we'd probably go for dinner somewhere there. I used to travel all the time to London for work...its such a boring stretch of the 401...its typically not quite as busy as it is closer to TO which is good.

Jessifer, you could never pay me enough to live in TO!!! My mom lived there in her early 20s before she met my dad and loved it though. And a ton of friends I went to university with live/work there. Its just not for me. I "talk" to other vehicles around me far too much as it is LOL. I'd have high blood pressure etc. all the time!

mccaroline December 3rd, 2013 07:19 PM

Yeah, Budweiser Gardens is an arena. It's quite large, they do all the good shows there. The London Knights (hockey) and London Lightning (basketball) play there in between shows and concerts. Get lower bowl though, the upper bowl is so steep it's almost scary.

You couldn't pay me to live in TO either, cripes I had to get out of London because it was too big of a city for me!

My Brownie unit this year is going to drive me crazy! They are so loud and I can't get them to pay attention for more than a few minutes at a time and the bathroom breaks, seriously I spend more time waiting for someone to get back than I do anything else!

Jessimaaka December 4th, 2013 10:38 AM

I'm worried about seating...we'll see though!

Its going to be +7 here today and forecasted to be +11 tomorrow :o and of course drop down cold for the weekend. Cam is getting his 2nd haircut this weekend.

Irish_Wristwatch December 4th, 2013 12:34 PM

they say it will get to 5 today here, and 9 tomorrow and rain all night, i hope i wake up to no more snow! we dont have much right now but id still like it all gone

mccaroline December 4th, 2013 02:32 PM

The snow is pretty much gone here, it's just one big muddy mess now.

This fundraiser thing through our dance school is just becoming one big mess. I still don't have anything to give people and all the cheques have been cashed. One person who ordered through me is threatening to call the police and report fraud. I just want to cry. It's giving me an anxiety attack just thinking about it and how I got people into it.

Irish_Wristwatch December 4th, 2013 03:16 PM

gosh that is a mess! i hope it gets sorted out soon, whats the dance studio saying about it?

mccaroline December 4th, 2013 06:49 PM

Well I finally got answers about the gift cards and what happened to them. I'm just sorry it took me getting a threatening email for me to get a response from someone. If they had just told me upfront that they were going to be a few weeks late I could have let people know and no one would have been this upset. Oh and to top it off, the person doing the gift cards took it as me threatening her. I'm at the point of never wanting to be involved in this fundraiser again.