JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/)
-   -   Nick names... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f147-canadian-mommies/61419-nick-names.html)

nat81 August 8th, 2005 08:25 PM

When I was pregnant my fiance and I called our baby "beep". We started by simply calling her "baby" but he started saying it so fast that it sounded like "beepbeep"... so we shortened it to beep.
Now we call her Monkey or Munchkin, and for all you frenchies out there... Poopoon ou Coquotte!!!

~Cupcake~ August 8th, 2005 09:19 PM

LOL Poopoon! My family on my Mom's side are Timmins born frenchies :D so we have heard that one alot! My Aunt always called me a crut! I did not find out until I was twelve that was a "sh*t" she was always saying "Belle Crut" they translate it as "a good sh*t" LOL nice eh? But to them it is a huge compliment! :huh:

Elle in the womb was just bebe! And this one is Emmett LOL (well he better be!) and Elle's nickname is Boo or Booberry the family also calls her Celery (my sister does since we were going to name her Eleri LOL) and Elle s'appelle. My Grandma still doesn't get that her name IS Elle. She speaks french and to her that just did not make much sense (but the Alzheimers does not help) you try saying Elle s'appelle Elle LOL

.H.e.a.t.h.e.r. August 8th, 2005 11:15 PM

Missy and Brat are her nicknames while in the womb..
Missy kinda works cuz her name is Marissa

PIXIEDUST August 9th, 2005 09:17 AM

we call Isaac " BABY I" My 20 month niece started it..she can't say Isaac yet..so she calls him baby I

Jody August 9th, 2005 12:35 PM

We call her Izzy, or Izzy Bizzy (like itsy bitsy spider lol) DH came up with it.

nat81 August 9th, 2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChristaT@Aug 8 2005, 11:19 PM
LOL Poopoon! My family on my Mom's side are Timmins born frenchies :D so we have heard that one alot! My Aunt always called me a crut! I did not find out until I was twelve that was a "sh*t" she was always saying "Belle Crut" they translate it as "a good sh*t" LOL nice eh? But to them it is a huge compliment! :huh:

Elle in the womb was just bebe! And this one is Emmett LOL (well he better be!) and Elle's nickname is Boo or Booberry the family also calls her Celery (my sister does since we were going to name her Eleri LOL) and Elle s'appelle. My Grandma still doesn't get that her name IS Elle. She speaks french and to her that just did not make much sense (but the Alzheimers does not help) you try saying Elle s'appelle Elle LOL
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

That's hilarious :lol: Some of my family call her "crotte" as well and elle s'appelle Elle... soooooo funny!!! It is a beautiful name though!

Amandalulu August 17th, 2005 04:16 PM

My kids have a lot of nicknames.

Madison, now 8 was called (jumping) bean inside and has been called - Sweet Pea, Pea, Madi, Mads, Precious, Peapod, Bratneck, Wormburger...

Dawson, now 5 was called Chocolate inside (Madison's idea) and is now called - Bud, Heimer, Daws, Dawsy, Hammer, Bratneck,...

Olivia, now almost 4 mo. was called Lucky inside and is now called - Liv, Livia, O-liv, Lulu, Livie Lu, Pretty, Bratneck, Wiggleworm, Little foot...

I am sure there are more because there are so many...mostly thanks to my dh and my father.

o0oSamio0o August 18th, 2005 08:43 AM

Grandma Calls my lil one "Bubba" lol which i hate :P so we call him Peanut! ...At 7 weeks i had to have an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic pregnancy and that is exactly what he looked like .

MamaBx3 August 18th, 2005 01:11 PM

We have..

Noodle
Bambino
Peanut
Beebee

Some times we'll say Kai .. just because the nickname will be Kai , boy or girl. We're using Malikai for a boy and Kaia for a girl.