JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Catholic Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f155-catholic-parenting/)
-   -   Made the right choice (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f155-catholic-parenting/2507405-made-right-choice.html)

LJD3Tdance March 28th, 2012 10:27 PM

Made the right choice

I have a friend from high school who I've kept in touch with over the years. She was never like my best friend, and we haven't hung out since high school, but we've kept in touch. (See each other at church and facebook.) I really felt sick of feeling trapped into the same godparent situation with all of my kids. Amber has 2 godmother's because the godmother I have for all my kids is like the only friend I have that is a CONFIRMED Catholic (lots of Catholic friends, they haven't ever been Confirmed.) But my friend couldn't even make it to her Baptism, and she STILL hasn't even met her. She was in town, but made no real effort to see us last summer. So out of frustration, I finally went to my high school friend who I knew was active in the church and asked her to be the godmother this time.

Tonight we went out, the kids got to play and she and I got to talk, and she is really truly living her faith, it really made me feel I made the right choice to ask her to be Terra's godmother.

AimeeD041727 March 29th, 2012 06:11 AM

Re: Made the right choice

That's wonderful. My sisters and sister in law are the girls' godmothers and then my cousin and my husband's two cousins are the god fathers. I'm running out of people for this baby!

Just_Marie March 29th, 2012 09:13 AM

that is so great:)

Julka March 29th, 2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimeeD041727 (Post 25819724)
That's wonderful. My sisters and sister in law are the girls' godmothers and then my cousin and my husband's two cousins are the god fathers. I'm running out of people for this baby!

You can "recycle" people :) Nobody on my side is Catholic or even Christian so we use and re-use DH's brothers and sisters.

Christen, that's great!

Ever March 29th, 2012 01:40 PM

That's great! It can be so challenging to find someone who will really take the honour seriously.

SavaAngel March 29th, 2012 02:36 PM

That's awesome Christen.

We've gone with SIL and FIL. No one else we know well enough to ask. Dh's friend is Catholic but I think he'd be a little uncomfortable. At least I know SIL and FIL will always be in the kids lives.

LJD3Tdance March 29th, 2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julka (Post 25822122)
You can "recycle" people :) Nobody on my side is Catholic or even Christian so we use and re-use DH's brothers and sisters.

Christen, that's great!

Yep, just like she said, ALL my kids are gunna have the same godfather.