JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cesarean Section Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f239-cesarean-section-birth/)
-   -   Bellefit Corset after C-section? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f239-cesarean-section-birth/2555340-bellefit-corset-after-c-section.html)

blue_eyes0120 July 30th, 2012 12:16 PM

Bellefit Corset after C-section?

Hello Ladies-

I am due two weeks from tomorrow, and I went ahead and bought a Bellefit Corset to help with support and compression after my C-section. I looked online, and really couldn't find a horrible review with this item.

Has anyone ever tried one? What are your thoughts/opinions? When did you start wearing it?

Thanks,
Stacy

Summerdays12 July 30th, 2012 05:54 PM

Re: Bellefit Corset after C-section?

I have not tried one but am very excited to use one this time around! I have not ordered it yet. I am not due until October but would love to know how it works out for you.

blue_eyes0120 July 30th, 2012 07:59 PM

^Thanks! I have only heard good reviews on it, so I'm very excited to give it a try! I am more excited about the support it is supposed to offer, and hey, if it gets my "shape" back quicker, that is just an added bonus!

I need all the support I can get so I can do the normal everyday activities around the house because we have a 3 1/2 year old, and my husband is currently deployed. I will have help from my family and close friends, but still, I want to be able to do normal things for myself!

I will give an update once I have tried it! :)

Summerdays12 July 31st, 2012 07:06 AM

Great! My last pregnancy my daughter was 17 months old when my son was born so I know what you mean about being able to get around and doing normal things. There was no rest for me! Oh, my husband is also deployed...booo.
Hope the bellefit works out!!

Punky.Brew August 2nd, 2012 10:09 AM

I haven't used that brand but I do have the Abdomend Binder and I love it. It is so great for support afterward. You can use them (usually) once you able to get up and moving. It may be kind of annoying as you know when the docs and nurses come checking on your belly.

They are especially nice once you are home.

A tip I got from a plastic surgeon, for anyone wanting to use a binder without the $$, is to use 2 large sized ace bandages wrapped firmly around the hips and belly. He has all his tummy tuck patients do this about 2 weeks after surgery for support and skin memory.

IBelieveInAngels January 25th, 2013 11:40 AM

WOW---I'm so happy to see this thread--I've not ever heard of *either* product and will definitely use next time!

Alpha_allie1010 January 30th, 2013 01:28 PM

I think I will be using this next time!