JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cesarean Section Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f239-cesarean-section-birth/)
-   -   OMG is it true!? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f239-cesarean-section-birth/2584642-omg-true.html)

Karenna October 15th, 2012 04:43 AM

OMG is it true!?

Is it true that during a csection they take your uterus out and lay it on top of you?! :(

MrsLat October 15th, 2012 05:04 AM

Re: OMG is it true!?

I haven't heard that... I thought they just made the incision and then guided the baby out of it? I have watch a lot of c-sections on television on the surgery shows and didn't think that is what they did.. That is kinda freaking me out now though. I think I will ask...

Karenna October 15th, 2012 05:13 AM

I feel like with my first (born 8 years ago) I was so in the dark about all that goes on during a c-section..........and honestly I like that MUCH bettter LOL! Now I have heard and read so much about the doctors taking the uterus out to insepct it and clean it out......its making me so nervous about this upcoming c-section even though its months away :(

MrsLat October 15th, 2012 05:15 AM

Umm..well I guess whatever they do, as long as they are taking care of it then I guess they can take it out and put it on me lol. As long as they put it back! Whatever will ensure the best outcome for me, I am game.

ldovey83 October 22nd, 2012 09:06 AM

MY hubby watched mine and he said they took it out when sewing you back up.. He said they were shoving things back in me and what not.. I never felt a thing.. LOL

Karenna October 22nd, 2012 11:03 AM

Eek! Its such a creepy thought! Lol

Little Women October 23rd, 2012 11:28 AM

What on earth? Not from my experience...

Karenna October 23rd, 2012 12:13 PM

Little women..i wish u were right but after doing research, they do infact take it out to stitch it back up and clean it out :(

my3sonsplus1 October 26th, 2012 04:40 PM

Wow, I could have gone without knowing that! LOL

Twirlbird November 9th, 2012 09:33 PM

I guess I'm the weirdo lol. I'd love to see that! How often do we get to see an organ lol

Karenna November 10th, 2012 03:18 PM

LOL!

MyFourLittles November 11th, 2012 01:46 PM

I've had four c sections and prefer to remain in the dark about the procedure lol.

abur November 17th, 2012 03:07 PM

Yes, they take pretty much everything down there out of you, at least that is what my husband told me because he watched. I heard the doctor displaying my insides to him and explaining what everything was - "these are the fallopian tubes, this is the uterus" LOL if I hadn't been on so many meds I probably would have freaked out!

jillviray November 17th, 2012 08:04 PM

Hi! I'm a nurse. I've experienced assisting Cesarean Section operation many times and NO!It's not true! Surgeons only make an incision in your abdomen and your uterus. Next thing is, they will suction your amniotic fluid then poof! Baby is out! The scrub nurse will then show you the baby and once the placenta is delivered, the surgeon and the rest of the team will begin the close up process.

Hope this helps for you to calm down. Relax. Think positive. God bless you! :)

IBelieveInAngels January 31st, 2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twirlbird (Post 26751356)
I guess I'm the weirdo lol. I'd love to see that! How often do we get to see an organ lol

LOL! OMGOSH--this is me to a T! During my 1st one (which was a total surprise)--my DH got up to look over the fabric drape wall and the nurse screeched and said "SIR!!! YOU MUST SIT DOWN! THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OURS!" and he did...and I even said I wish they could position a mirror so *I* could see what was going on...I think that the uterus coming out IS part of the procedure, but I've been through this now 2x and I didn't feel anything.

And the nurse later explained she wanted my DH to sit down as they'd had far too many husband's (or partners) faint dead away with the reality of the moment, LOL. They didn't realize both me and my hubster are Navy vets and have done morgue duty so seeing my insides wasn't intimidating, LOL!

SWFLbaby July 9th, 2013 06:32 AM

I think in some instances they do kind of take out some organs, at least partially out, in order to inspect them and make sure they didn't nick them or anything by mistake. My husband saw my c-section, and he said they partially pulled things out. Maybe they were extra careful because he was watching, lol

Minilegs July 15th, 2013 11:43 AM

I have seen C sections where they have taken the uterus out but, that was at the end to stitch it back up. I have also seen them done without.

IBelieveInAngels November 16th, 2013 06:20 PM

LMAO--this is my DH to a "T"!! LOL! My hubby and I are both military vets, and we've both had to pull collateral duties dealing with cadavers; that being said, here I was, draped up not to see a thing--and my dadblained hubby looks over the 'screen' to which the OB and nurse were worried he might pass out from the 'gore' (which anyone could do, quite frankly!)--and DH is giggling like a girl (don't take that the wrong way--he's in "awe" at whole motherhood/carying/birthing a babe aspect in a womans life) and told me what he was seeing as it was happening...play by play sorta thing from what came out-- and how things went back in ;). Once the OB and nurses saw he wasn't about to become a passing out liability, they let him 110% see all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abur (Post 26778961)
Yes, they take pretty much everything down there out of you, at least that is what my husband told me because he watched. I heard the doctor displaying my insides to him and explaining what everything was - "these are the fallopian tubes, this is the uterus"

mommaof5girls January 1st, 2014 04:30 PM

They took mine out!! I think that is how they stitch it up and then they put it back in and glued my belly shut.

I kept asking they med guy that was standing at my heard if I was ok, bec it seemed like forever after baby was out before they were done with me. He would say yes... then he says they are sewing you up now. So in my mind I was thinking they were almost done.... ummm no! a couple minutes later (granted my time is probably wayyy off) he says to me "they are putting your uterus back in now." I am laying there thinking OMG WTH......

ladymellisa20 January 1st, 2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karenna (Post 26652708)
Is it true that during a c-sections they take your uterus out and lay it on top of you?! :(

No it is not True lol . I have had 2 C-sections and they did not do this but my dear husband who was with me now states he he knows me from the inside out.