JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cesarean Section Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f239-cesarean-section-birth/)
-   -   How Many Is too Many?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f239-cesarean-section-birth/2593315-how-many-too-many.html)

Cmn2012 November 8th, 2012 10:07 AM

How Many Is too Many??

So i'm wondering how many c-section is really too many? I know what doctors and the internet says, but i'm wondering if you ladies want to share any experiences, or thoughts about this? I myself have had 3 c-sections, no problems or anything and not sure if i want to try again (little nervous :sneak:). I would love to hear what you think!!!!

MyFourLittles November 11th, 2012 12:47 PM

Re: How Many Is too Many??

I had three c sections with no complications at all and then had uterine rupture at 31 weeks with my fourth. It varies person to person. For me, four was the limit.

Grace November 17th, 2012 08:27 PM

it depends on the woman, my ob has told me she had to tell women after their second c-section it's best if they have no more due to issues with healing, scar tissue, thinning and what not. But she has also done c-sections on women like myself that heal very well with no issues, I have very little scar tissue and no thinning so there was no reason why another c-section would be an issue. We are expecting #6, and it will be my 6th c-section.

KasieH November 28th, 2012 01:22 PM

I have had three and my dr told me "I won't tell you not have another".

alic3204 January 9th, 2013 01:50 PM

I am having my 3rd c-section and my dr. says she feels that up to 3 is fine, it still concerns me though, after that she says there can be complications. I am 41 yrs old so this one is my last anyway. Good luck!!

onemoremakesfour January 24th, 2013 06:33 AM

I have had 3 so far and will have my 4th c-section this year. I've always been told I have nice scars and never been told not to have any more.

sevenplusmore January 24th, 2013 02:26 PM

I've had 5 so far and will have my 6th c-section in September 2013.

melissa500 March 12th, 2013 06:29 PM

I have had 2 c-sections and my second baby was unknowingly transverse and was stuck. My doc had to make multiple cuts and told me right then that he didn't think I should have anymore :( I don't know if I wanted more but I wanted that decision to be mine to make. I have heard that you can go to a high-risk doctor to remove scar tissue but would that be worth the risk? IDK

mom2K&G March 24th, 2013 08:13 AM

This is my 3rd and will be my last child. I would be scared to have more than 3 that's just my opinion though.