JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cesarean Section Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f239-cesarean-section-birth/)
-   -   What if u go into labour earlier? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f239-cesarean-section-birth/2632232-what-if-u-go-into-labour-earlier.html)

adson March 6th, 2013 09:39 AM

What if u go into labour earlier?

What if u go into labour earlier than your scheduled c section date?

Karenna March 7th, 2013 06:24 AM

Re: What if u go into labour earlier?

Then he doc will just take you at that time and do the c-section.

melissa500 March 12th, 2013 06:23 PM

It is no problem. That happened to me, I had my c-section 2 days before my scheduled date.

ashleighgurl April 22nd, 2013 07:14 PM

I was going to reply with the same thing :)

Christina642 April 26th, 2013 04:30 PM

Can I add to this question. This will be my first C-section. Anway If I go into labor earlier witch is probably going to happen because all my kids were born before 39 weeks and that's the earliest they will schedule me. Will I have to labor long or do they usally take you back pretty fast????

mom2K&G April 26th, 2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christina642 (Post 27319591)
Can I add to this question. This will be my first C-section. Anway If I go into labor earlier witch is probably going to happen because all my kids were born before 39 weeks and that's the earliest they will schedule me. Will I have to labor long or do they usally take you back pretty fast????

Usually with planned c sections they will perform it a week early. My due date is Aug 25th They have already planned for my delivery to be Aug 20th.

If you go into labor before your scheduled date they will just perform the c section. No you won't be in labor for long at all! They usually prep you and take you back. :)

Christina642 April 26th, 2013 07:43 PM

They said they were going to schedule me for 39 weeks but none of my other kids have made it that far. That's why I was wondering.

carolinashore May 8th, 2013 06:47 PM

I went not labor 2 days before my scheduled c/s. I woke up early with contractions, my doctor told me to shower and head into the hospital. Contractions started around 6am, my son was born just before noon.

KMH May 10th, 2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christina642 (Post 27319591)
Will I have to labor long or do they usally take you back pretty fast????

I refused to schedule a c-section because I wanted baby to be born when she was ready (she was footling breech). I went into labor at 37w0d and was admitted to the hospital at 9:45pm after they checked me and I was 4cm. Claire was born at 11:08pm...everything moved so quickly I didn't even have time to freak out!

hannahhaileyandheathersmom May 12th, 2013 07:02 AM

They tried to stop my labor and they thought they had but I ended up being 9 cm before the brainiacs realized I was in labor . Then I was rushed for a c section bc of 2 breech babies

kkalysmama May 12th, 2013 10:41 AM

I went into labor with my second at 38 weeks. My repeat section was scheduled for 39. I got to the hospital around 12 and I was in surgery by 2.