JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Children With Asthma (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f343-children-asthma/)
-   -   At what age??? *Question* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f343-children-asthma/2527325-what-age-question.html)

mommyof3ny May 15th, 2012 08:56 AM

At what age??? *Question*

Did your child stop using the nebulizer and move on to an inhaler?

Adriana's Mommy May 16th, 2012 12:25 PM

Re: At what age??? *Question*

My 2 year old is not on any inhalor's now, stopped when he just turned 2 and seem to be doing fine.

Edit: I realize I didn't answer the question.. My son moved onto a inhalor until at 9 months old, which was Flovent.. He just recently started using Albuterol in an inhalor form, but still use nebs for bad days..

Adriana's Mommy May 17th, 2012 10:51 PM

I think I jinks myself.. :( Had to start doing Albuterol nebs tonight.. Going to start up Flovent if no improvement in the next few days.. Darn pollen!!! :(

i3ai3ydanny May 25th, 2012 09:37 AM

We are on both. Danny uses Nebs at home and a rescue inhaler out. He also has preventative inhalers that we use daily. I have used an inhaler on a barely 2 year old. They just give them a spacer. ;)

PattiE June 12th, 2012 07:42 PM

My dd never used a nebulizer. She has always used an inhaler, with a spacer. She still uses the spacer, even though she's 13 now. I don't know why we never got a nebulizer. Maybe bc she was older when she was diagnosed. She was 5 the first time she needed any albuterol, and that was just to get over a cold that had gone in her chest. For a couple of years after that, we only needed the inhaler when she got sick, maybe 2 or 3 weeks every year, then she started having attacks when she did running or other exercise, so then started using the inhaler more often. Even then, her ped wouldn't actually say it was asthma. Finally when she was 10, I think, we got a referral to a children's pulmonologist and he said yes, this is asthma.

MAS1313 June 19th, 2012 06:47 PM

We started at 5 with an inhaler and spacer so we never had the transition.

MomMoma October 6th, 2012 04:38 PM

We have a neb, but have started out of the gate with an inhaler and spacer for steroid and albuterol. When my son was just hospitalized (19 months) the respiratory therapists agreed that it was just as effective, and more so for him because he FOUGHT the nebs.

8forus October 17th, 2012 02:45 PM

I know it's not a funny question but for us it is. See most of my kids stopped using the nebulizer around age 6-8 years old. But I have one child that stopped using the nebulizer around age 12 and still used a spacer until just last year as she was turning 16.

Orangebrittainy December 2nd, 2012 06:17 PM

I think Will was 4 when he got the inhaler and spacer. We still have a neb though. Dr put it this way. Minor issue or on the go=Inhaler, major issue=neb (He says the neb penetrates a little deeper because of the longer exposure)

SJane December 13th, 2012 07:32 AM

My 10 mo son is on both and I wonder when will he stop using them since he rarely gets an attack for couple of months now.

Kiwi*Mummie*of*4 May 10th, 2013 03:36 AM

Our son had his first Asthma attack when he was 21 months old he was put on a preventer to use every day and a reliever when needed and we used a spacer and still do. He is now 6.

callista83 June 8th, 2013 05:40 PM

My daughter does not have a nebulizer and never has. She used it once when she was in the emergency room but that's it. She is 6 now, was "diagnosed" at 22 months.