I just posted in the sticky thread and loved reading all of your experiences. This is a copy paste from there since I really dont have any new info to add.
I am brand new to this board. My name is Rheanna, I am a regular member of the Jan DDC. I am expecting my first child, a little boy, his name will be Carson Nicholas, and he is due Jan 1, 2012. Right now I am 23w2days pregnant. I went in on Aug 29, 2011 for a fetal echo and they found two abnormalities. One being VSD and the other coarctation of the arota. According to the doctor at the u/s place Carson will need surgery to fix these abnormalities. We wont know how sever the are exactly until he is born.
Im in the midst of setting up an appt with a pediatric cardiologist at the Los Angeles Childrens Hospital. They will give me more information about what is going on and let me know what to expect.
Im really glad I found this board, its nice to see people who are going through a similar situation as I am. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Hi, I'm Sadie mom to DD, Cora 2 1/2 year old. Cora was diagnosed with a VSD the day after she was born. At 5 months old she had surgery to repair the VSD and one of her valves. The VSD closure is considered successful and they are keeping an eye on her valve (it leaks quite a bit). We decided to wait until Cora was 5 months so that she would get a little bigger and be a little stronger for the surgery, and I just wasnt ready for it. Pre-surgery Cora was always in the >10% for weight, shortly after surgery she bumped up to the 50th % and has stayed there since. I am still noticing a few signs of her heart condition, but they are minor and it doesnt affect her daily life.
This board tends to be a little quiet, but I have also found it helpful to read some of the past experiences of others. Feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions.
Thank you Sadie, Your daughter is beautiful. I was reading the sticky intro thread and it really helped me. I have so many things im going to face that I just dont know what to expect and dont have any answers. But I feel like me and my son are in great hands.
As it seems right now Carson is going to need surgery right away, the most we will wait is a month. Im so grateful to know now, instead of finding out at birth. That must have been difficult to deal with with Cora. Im so happy to hear that she is doing so well. She is beautiful.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.