JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Children with Heart Conditions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f783-children-heart-conditions/)
-   -   We Got Our Tentative Procedure Date (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f783-children-heart-conditions/2516267-we-got-our-tentative-procedure-date.html)

SassyMama April 18th, 2012 01:43 PM

We Got Our Tentative Procedure Date

I spoke to her cardiologist yesterday and they're tentatively scheduling her surgery for May 23. We go in for bloodwork/echos/etc. on May 18. I say tentative because I was informed that if someone younger comes along with a more severe condition they get priority. I just can't wait to get it over with though.

geogeek April 19th, 2012 09:02 PM

Re: We Got Our Tentative Procedure Date

I hope that the date sticks! I am really glad that you have some sort of date. Everyone with a baby with CHD wants to just have the surgery over with. All crossables crossed!

Hazel April 20th, 2012 08:32 PM

We got a similar warning with Isabelle--if a more serious case came along, she would get bumped because she was stable enough to wait. And a preemie baby did need surgery on her date yesterday! It was a quick procedure, though, and the surgeon took care of the preemie while they were prepping Iz for her surgery :)

geogeek April 23rd, 2012 02:48 PM

1 month from today. I hope the next month goes by quickly and she will not get bumped. I am thinking of you ladies!

SassyMama April 23rd, 2012 05:27 PM

Ahh when you say it like that it sounds so close! Makes me nervous... But I feel better when I think that one month from tomorrow, this will be almost over with!

SassyMama April 28th, 2012 12:38 AM

Her date was pushed back to June 13. Annoying.. I hope they don't push it even further as we get closer to that date :(

geogeek May 21st, 2012 03:38 PM

I haven't been on this board in forever. I am SO sorry that the date was pushed back. I was hoping to come on here and wish for a good surgery and speedy recovery. She is in my prayers so that she can keep the June surgery appointment. There are times that you just want it to be over with. :dothug:

SassyMama May 22nd, 2012 11:09 PM

It's set in stone now. They called me up to let me know that her pre-op is at 10 a.m. on June 7. Her procedure is first thing in the morning (we were told to be there at 6:45 am) on June 13. I'm hoping since she is the first surgery, she'll be discharged late that evening and will be able to recuperate at home. I don't know how well we'll do in a hospital setting. :(

geogeek May 24th, 2012 03:49 PM

What type of surgery is she having that she would be able to come home same day?

SmilesAreContagious May 24th, 2012 06:02 PM

I have been MIA, Im sorry ladies! I was wondering what surgery she was having as well?

My son is having his Glenn tomorrow. =/