JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Children with Special Needs (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f50-children-special-needs/)
-   -   Going to the ped... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f50-children-special-needs/2426038-going-to-ped.html)

i3ai3ydanny October 4th, 2011 12:03 PM

Going to the ped...

Danny's GI is out of town of course until tomorrow so they want the ped to check him today. He has complained of stomach pain after eating for the last few weeks. We started enzymes back to try and help which did for a few days then it came back. :( I am not sure what the ped is supposed to do that can't wait until we see the GI tomorrow but if I don't I will get the "you should have" talk... ugh. Maybe the ped will think of something the GI hasn't thought of... :/

nvr.4.gtn October 4th, 2011 08:20 PM

Re: Going to the ped...

I don't think the ped can tell yo uanything.....
what meds is he on for reflux? have you tried another drug?
I know so many kids do well on say prevacid. We did for almost 2 years but it doesn't work as well anymore, we had to switch to Nexium. Maybe a new drug would help??

challowell October 6th, 2011 10:01 AM

Hopefully they can get it sorted out soon.

i3ai3ydanny October 7th, 2011 05:59 AM

The ped had nothing to say other than "He is too complex for us to feel comfortable doing anything." LOL...I expected them to say that but we went anyway. He said to give him Tylenol for the belly pain. It doesn't seem like a reflux issue this time because the pain is below his belly button. :/ He is on Prevacid, Zantac, and TUMS as well as digestive enzymes...those are just the GI meds though. We went to the GI Wednesday and she had a few suggestions. She raised his dosage on the prevacid from 15 mg at night to 15 mg at night and 7mg in the morning. If this doesn't help the stomach pain within 5 days we will add Carafate back in. If that doesn't help within 5 days we are supposed to call back and schedule a colonoscopy and endoscopy. We also have to do stool test to see if there are any markers for bowel irritation. I am just hoping that we can get all this sorted out for him. Normally his tummy episodes would last 3-4 minutes 4-5 times per day. Tuesday night he was crying for an hour after we gave him Tylenol and clutching his belly saying it hurt. :'( This was at 1 am too so he had woken up crying and then was up that long with pain enough that he couldn't go back to sleep...

The good news is that we restarted enzymes 3 weeks ago along the process to try to alleviate the stomach pain and he has gained 1.5 pounds since his last visit. :)

I really hope we can get something straightened out soon. So far we haven't had another long episode and Danny told me this morning that his tummy felt better so maybe we are turning a corner. :)

nvr.4.gtn October 7th, 2011 03:26 PM

poor baby! That is aweful that he is hurting so much and no one knows why

~LaurenNoel~ October 8th, 2011 07:45 PM

I hope he is feeling better!

Ditzzy October 9th, 2011 07:14 PM

Poor guy has had a rough time the last few months. I hope they can figure him out soon. You both need a break!