JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Children with Vision, Hearing & Sensory Issues (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1171-children-vision-hearing-and-sensory-issues/)
-   -   Splish Splash September Bash Chat (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1171-children-vision-hearing-and-sensory-issues/1690858-splish-splash-september-bash-chat.html)

mousemomof3 September 1st, 2009 10:52 AM

Splish Splash September Bash Chat

Lets see if we can keep a chat thread going for the month. I know we are all busy but even if you just post hi its ok.

ShesaDreamer September 2nd, 2009 06:12 PM

Re: Splish Splash September Bash Chat

HI! I'll find out the 19th of October if Angelica needs glasses but she still has the white reflex in her eyes so I'm not holding out much hope that she will be able to go without them

mousemomof3 September 3rd, 2009 07:40 AM

awwwww sorry to hear that. Hope her eyes will correct themselves down the road

ShesaDreamer September 3rd, 2009 01:07 PM

I'm hoping but if not then we'll roll with the punches! I've had glasses since I was really little.

mousemomof3 September 3rd, 2009 02:13 PM

That's the spirit. I just got off the phone with CHEO(Childrens Hospital Of Eastern Ontario) there are still a few kids ahead of Joshua for assessment. they lost 8 of their speech pathologists this year due to pregnancy alone. So I tke from having no call backs to this point that that has been the delay from us hearing by the end of July. It's pretty sad when the system lets you down like that. I informed the gentleman that Joshua already had his assment done through a private office but our coverage is running to an end. He said I can fax the assessment and will have to see what his boss says. Hopefully they will get their act together soon and all the kids that need this service will be helped quickly instead of a year or longer process.

ShesaDreamer September 3rd, 2009 07:27 PM

Hopefully they can get him in soon. I'm not looking forward to trying to pay for Angelica's glasses if that time comes...we have no vision insurance

mousemomof3 September 4th, 2009 01:44 PM

We have good coverage through James work if he didn't work for the city I would probably not be able to cover the private route.

peimum September 5th, 2009 06:59 AM

Alina has her next speech pathologist appointment on September 18th and then her first ENT appointment on December 9th. She will be 2 in October, and does not really talk at all. All of her hearing tests latley have shown no movement of the ear drums.

Just_Marie September 6th, 2009 10:20 PM

Hi girls, I just ate at least a cup full of baking chocolate chips, bleh!
I'm in Alberta, we self-referred Nolan to an SLP in March, he got assessed in June, and should begin treatment in September. What a long process!

mousemomof3 September 10th, 2009 10:29 AM

chocolate chips yummy

~FaRRaH~ September 10th, 2009 02:30 PM

well I wish you all tons of luck getting through the system and getting the aid your kids need. WTG moms, keep up your fights :cheer:

mousemomof3 September 10th, 2009 04:51 PM

that we will its to bad the system lets so many people down that really need the help now

~FaRRaH~ September 11th, 2009 05:59 AM

I have heard from other JM members that Canadas system seems to be over extended and therefore the people are not getting the care they need for months. I sure hope things start looking up. I guess everywhere has their good and bad.

mousemomof3 September 11th, 2009 11:05 AM

exactly each health care system has their pros and cons