JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Choosing Not to Vaccinate (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f325-choosing-not-to-vaccinate/)
-   -   SIL wants us to get vaccinated!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f325-choosing-not-to-vaccinate/2242678-sil-wants-us-to-get-vaccinated.html)

Avery'smommy February 7th, 2011 11:57 PM

SIL wants us to get vaccinated!!

She's due in 3 weeks and she wanted us to go visit so I could do newborn photos. Well the trip to WA is completely planned, timeshare, airline, etc. I just received an email from SIL asking that DH & I each get the Dtap vaccine before going near her baby. OMG is she crazy? She knows we are against vaccines and all too. She also requested DD not get near the baby. I'm at a loss.

~Annissa~ February 8th, 2011 12:05 AM

Re: SIL wants us to get vaccinated!!

Wow! I understand being cautious, but if none of you have symptoms of a cold/been exposed too pertussis I think that's a little over the top. Is she going to ask for proof? I mean how would she really know if you've gotten them? I'm not suggesting lying, but I'm just curious how far she's going to go with it. Will she not be taking the baby out in public too? What about daycare? I'd bring up all these situations and try to make her realize how ridiculous her request is.

Avery'smommy February 8th, 2011 12:24 AM

Her and her DH both stay home and are house bums so I doubt that child will ever even see the light of day. I already told her we will not get any vaccines so sorry but we are canceling our trip.

mgm78 February 8th, 2011 05:40 AM

wow. just wow. i have no words.

i3ai3ydanny February 8th, 2011 05:57 AM

That is crazy. I would have done the same thing...

sweet*life February 8th, 2011 03:40 PM

OMG that is just crazy!!!!! I would definitely be canceling my trip as well.

KtKuKi February 8th, 2011 04:48 PM

My stupid phone messed this post up....here's what I meant to say!

Wow. You'd think she could have at least let you know BEFORE you made travel plans. How rude:mad:

stephi1997 February 9th, 2011 01:34 PM

Wow..that is pretty rude. And ignorant. So sorry!

Tiki February 9th, 2011 08:03 PM

Wow I would be pretty annoyed.. I can see her point of view, I don't agree with it but can understand why, she has been indoctrinated with the propaganda of pro-vaccines.. It's something I have to keep reminding myself about other people, they can't help it if they choose to blindly believe..

Martha83 February 10th, 2011 05:28 AM

what did she say when you canceled your trip? I mean...it's not like non-vaccinated people carry around diseases like dirty animals.....we just get sick when we get in contact with those particular germs...much like they do (LOL) but I just HATE when people are so uneducated about it that they think our very presence means they'll get sick..um hello...if I had whooping cough I wouldn't come visit....but I DONT so it's not like you'll get it from me without me even having it! ARGH....sooooooo frustrating...I'm so so sorry!!!! She sounds like a real Einstein!