JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   My first time asking - I have a few please... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/1680539-my-first-time-asking-i-have-few-please.html)

boomersgang August 23rd, 2009 12:42 PM

My first time asking - I have a few please...

1. We've been trying to sell our house for a couple months. We've had ONE showing. It's a nice home in great condition. But with 6 kids, we've outgrown it. Our 2 littlest ones still share our room and it's time for that to change, but we have no more bedroom space to move them to. Not only that, but when we bought the house in 2007, we took an interest-only loan thinking housing prices would go up and we'd buy what we really wanted before the house payment went up. Well, who'd have thought that the market would crash? The interest rates are down 1.75% less than our current rate, but we can't refinance into a traditional 30-year mortgage with the going lower-interest rate, because we now have no equity in our house. If we could do that, we could potentially redo more of the downstairs into finished bedroom space even though I would rather have all the kids on the same floor as us for safety issues. It seems our only hope is to sell this house and buy a new one with a regular mortgage. At this point, we have it listed at a loss on what we still owe on it, let alone what we put down on it. We will have to borrow between $10-$15K from his dad IF we can even sell it for what we're asking (or a little less) and we can't even get anyone to look at it. It was completely redone in 2007 with new AC, furnace, water heater. We put new carpet in. It's a great house. But our realtor came in yesterday telling us we need to paint the outside (she doesn't like the red siding - we do), paint the inside (the paint's fine, but she says we should do "COLOR", not neutral tones which is the opposite of what I've always heard), recarpet the downstairs, enclose the 2nd room downstairs, paint the garage floor, landscape, etc. This is over $2,000 worth of "cosmetic stuff" that most of which we don't feel needs done and whoever looks at the house (if anyone ever does) might not even like. We can't afford to do that. We're really frustrated right now and could use prayers for this.

2. We had bought a camper a couple years ago and then it just wasn't for us, so we were going to sell it. DH's sister and her husband insisted they wanted it and were going to make the payments. Well, we had a falling out and now they refuse to make the payments (even though we have a signed notarized contract) leaving us stuck with another $162 in bills we can't afford. I don't know what we're going to do. We've had no luck selling the camper and we're down to an asking price of $2,500 less than what we owe.

3. My 14 year old is having cataract surgery Tuesday (I didn't even know teens got cataracts :huh:).

Thanks everyone!
Lori

~InHisHands~ August 23rd, 2009 04:16 PM

Re: My first time asking - I have a few please...

Praying...