JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   Question for you ladies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/1700750-question-for-you-ladies.html)

New_England_Girl September 10th, 2009 12:10 PM

Question for you ladies

Can I join you?
I have been a lurker here for a long time...well over 2 years. I am active on several boards here on JM and may be familiar to some of you. I am a born-again Christian, wife, and mother. I have always been a little shy of opening up about my faith, because it's a very personal thing to me and not everyone appreciates it in today's society, lol.

Would you be willing to let me post here?

m.and.a September 10th, 2009 01:06 PM

Re: Question for you ladies

Absolutely, and you needn't ask permission.

I too was once closed lipped about my Faith. My parents had me study the Bible growing up, and I went to an all girls Bible based college, so I knew enough of the Bible to skew it to fit my own needs. I reached a point in my early 20's that I wanted the Bible to say what I wanted it to say, and when it didn't, I discounted it. After the death of my daughter, I have had a spiritual reawakening, and I'm not so tight lipped any longer. God is at the heart of our family and the discipline and raising of my children, and I'm no longer ashamed.

So far it hasn't gained me much popularity. I speak in defense of marriage and I don't think that people who choose to live together can experience the same commitment than those who are legally married. I did live in sin with my husband before we got married, but I never discounted the holiness of marriage, and take issue when people do it now. I'm not ashamed of this opinion.

2 Tim 1: 8 is now my mantra:

DO NOT BE ASHAMED TO TESTIFY ABOUT OUR LORD

New_England_Girl September 10th, 2009 02:15 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm not ashamed...I love the Lord! But usually saying so is like beating your head against the wall. So unless someone seems softened to the Lord, I usually keep my mouth shut.

I'm sorry about your daughter :(

~InHisHands~ September 10th, 2009 04:41 PM

Hello & :welcome: We are glad to have you! :) I'm Amanda, wife to Mike & mom to Austin & an angel. Of course if you've been lurking here you probably already knew that, huh? ;) Feel free to add yourself/family to our birthday/anniversary stickie above!

Quote:

Originally Posted by New_England_Girl (Post 17256753)
I love the Lord! But usually saying so is like beating your head against the wall.

I know what you mean! People seem to think your a religious nutball or extremist but then again I used to think that myself before I gave my life over to Jesus! :blush:

New_England_Girl September 10th, 2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~InHisHands~ (Post 17258280)
People seem to think your a religious nutball or extremist but then again I used to think that myself before I gave my life over to Jesus! :blush:

;) Yep, that's what I mean.

I'm so sorry for your loss :( I lost a baby almost 3 years ago at 6 weeks pregnant. Sometimes it's sad and sometimes I'm happy to know I have another LO in Jesus' arms.