JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   Chit chat thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/2544248-chit-chat-thread.html)

Countrymom4 June 29th, 2012 07:53 AM

Chit chat thread

This is the never ending thread. Chat away ladys !!

Getting ready to go to the lake and WOW I am not organized :lol: DH stays home to silage and I am a single mom for a couple weeks :(

mamma_anna June 29th, 2012 10:15 AM

Re: Chit chat thread

I'm Baaaack!!! :D Had a great trip with the family. Abbey had a great birthday on the beach and the wedding was gorgeous!! I'm glad to be home but I miss my parents already.

July should be pretty laid back for us. Lots of swimming and bbq's and spending time with friends. :)

Chrystal I hope you and your kids have a great trip to the lake!!! :) I was a single mom for a few days on our trip too becasue Rick had to go back early for work. But I did have a lot of help from my parents so I guess it doesn't really count. I'm sue you'll be fine. :)

Countrymom4 June 29th, 2012 11:26 AM

Anna, I just put up the prayer partners. If you want to join I will add you in.

mamma_anna June 29th, 2012 11:41 AM

I'd love to if its not to late. Thanks! :)

Countrymom4 June 29th, 2012 05:37 PM

I will add you in Anna !!

2Corinthians10:4 June 29th, 2012 05:48 PM

Hey ladies! Things are moving along for us to move to Hawaii, I got the dogs crate today (although I think I might need to take it back and get a slightly bigger one), I also just ordered our new luggage and the gate check bags for the car seat and stroller. I also went last night and got Dh so he is officially home until we leave to PCS. It's coming way to fast, I am going to miss home and my family so much.

mamma_anna July 3rd, 2012 11:22 AM

Meagan, Hawaii sounds so exciting! :) And it must be nice to have dh home for a while. Hope the move goes smoothly for you!

I'm staying with my MIL while I recover from bronchitis. Had 2 nights in my own bed between our trip and getting sick. :( Oh well. I'll do whatever I have to do to keep Ellie healthy.

Anyone have any plans for the 4th?

Rae-of-Sunshine July 5th, 2012 04:41 AM

No plans at all for the 4th here. We just relaxed at home. It was just way too hot and humid for me to want to drag the kids out to something, and they go to bed long before firework time. I did manage to get the hall closet cleaned out that morning, and the kids closet/dresser cleaned out and organized for the next size of clothes. I call that a successful day. Back to work today :P

LucyLoved July 5th, 2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamma_anna (Post 26234669)
Meagan, Hawaii sounds so exciting! :) And it must be nice to have dh home for a while. Hope the move goes smoothly for you!

I'm staying with my MIL while I recover from bronchitis. Had 2 nights in my own bed between our trip and getting sick. :( Oh well. I'll do whatever I have to do to keep Ellie healthy.

Anyone have any plans for the 4th?

Hope you're feeling better! I have to stay at my parents' when I'm sick, and my Mom stays at my house with the girls. They all have lung problems and any sickness is dangerous to them!

We had a low-key 4th. Red Lobster for lunch because I had gift cards from my birthday. Then went and picked out a new mattress! Came home and we all had a nap. Did fireworks at 9. Madelyn didn't make it, but Claire and Olivia did! They loved it :)

2Corinthians10:4 July 6th, 2012 08:53 AM

Sounds like y'all had a fun 4th, Lucy!

We ended up just hanging out at the house most of the day, we did go to the towns fireworks show the night before though. Dd loved it!

I am starting to look forward to Hawaii but definitely not as much as most think I should lol, I am just a homebody and Texas is my home. I cried the first three months we were in California, lol. I was also just really hoping we got orders to Maryland instead of Hawaii but that didn't happen... I am trying to look at is an experience and adventure though.

momie2b9-20-11 July 6th, 2012 10:44 AM

That must be hard Meagan! HUGS!!! I'll be praying that things go smoothly for you and that you adjust well.

Hope you're feeling better Anna! How are you today?

We had a fun 4th. Parade in the morning, out to eat for breakfast (DH surprised me by saying he'll take me to breakfast - I LOVE eating out breakfast but rarely do so I was excited). Then went to the mall shopping. Back home while Kynslee took nap and then to the park at 5:45 to set up and picnic dinner with friends who brought hand-crank ice-cream makers and we all had homemade icecream - YUMMM!!! Plus, everyone brought different snacks and we just had good fellowship until the fireworks.

Just want to share some pics of Kynslee on the 4th in her special outfit ($0.99 ebay special:))

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...ixmatch334.jpg

Watching fireworks with her daddy

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...f07862de21.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...ixmatch345.jpg

mamma_anna July 6th, 2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyLoved (Post 26240859)
Hope you're feeling better! I have to stay at my parents' when I'm sick, and my Mom stays at my house with the girls. They all have lung problems and any sickness is dangerous to them!

That's our issue too. Ellie has chronic lung disease. People think I'm crazy for being so cautious but when your little girl almost dies from pneumonia twice in less than two years, I think a little extra caution is called for. ;) I feel so blessed that my MIL is willing and able to help out like this when we need her to.
I'm home now. YAY!! :) Not quite back to 100% but not contageous anymore. Sooo happy to be home!

Meagan, I totally understand being a homebody. I love where I live but I hate that it's so far away from my family. It's good that you're thinking of it as an adventure though. I'm sure you're going to love Hawaii! :)

I'm glad you got some cleaning and organizing done Marjorie. Always makes me feel good to accomplish those little projects. :)

Ashley, Kynslee is sooo adorable! :wub: I love that outfit.

Glad everyone had a good 4th! :)

momie2b9-20-11 July 6th, 2012 01:56 PM

Thanks Anna! So glad that you are home now - praying that you'll soon feel 100%. It's always to be over carious then not cautious enough and wish you had been later.

Kynslee is asleep and so I'm catching up on everything here on JM. I'm tired today! Kynslee didn't get down until about 11 and then woke twice in the night.

We have some arsonists lighting fires in a field that backs up to our apartment house. Yesterday there was a really bad one that came within 35 feet of our place and flames about 20+ feet high. Luckily the weeds don't come up to our house or we would have been in even more danger. Then there was a smaller one later yesterday around 9pm and then I think there was another smaller one this morning. I hope they stop lighting the field on fire - it's too close for my comfort and we have 2 other big apartment complexes around us that could also be in danger if they light fires in certain areas.

aect-mama July 6th, 2012 05:27 PM

Wow! I really hope the police catch whoever is doing that before someone gets hurt! Sounds scary!

I need to get the kids off to bed but I thought I'd come say hi first. :) Hope everyone has a good night.

Rae-of-Sunshine July 6th, 2012 06:59 PM

Can I just say I am SO glad it is now the weekend :) That is all!

Countrymom4 July 6th, 2012 09:49 PM

Hi ladys home for the weekend !! The kiddos are happy to have a break from all the excitment and people :lol: The 3 oldest are in swimming lesson and doing good. We have had great weather. So lots of playing in the lake, Skidoo rides and tubing !!

Happy 4th of July, sounds like everyone enjoyed them selfs !

mamma_anna July 8th, 2012 01:07 PM

Having a wonderful, lazy, summer Sunday afternoon! :) The girls invited some friends over after church and they're having a water baloon fight in the backyard. :p I love summer!

I hope everyone else is enjoying the weekend and staying cool. :cool:

CalledBlessed July 8th, 2012 08:05 PM

Got home from church...chilled out and fell asleep with my little ones with silence lingering in the house had time to speak with God and knock out....woke up to getting ready for night services didn't want to come home feeling the spirit:)

momie2b9-20-11 July 9th, 2012 05:08 PM

How has everyone been? I've been busy! Daddy is watching Kynslee right now so I have a few minutes. I was doing ebay stuff but decided to check in quickly!

We may go to the park for a bit but not sure. Then watch volley ball practice with friends at around 8.

aect-mama July 11th, 2012 12:33 PM

We're going to the park today! :) I'm so excited to get out of this house!!!