JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   August Rollcall (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/2556606-august-rollcall.html)

Countrymom4 August 2nd, 2012 08:02 AM

August Rollcall

Name?
Denomination?
Bible verse ?

CTK3989 August 2nd, 2012 08:59 AM

Re: August Rollcall

Name? C.
Denomination? Non-Denominational.
Bible verse ? 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
New King James Version (NKJV)
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

mamma_anna August 2nd, 2012 12:51 PM

Name? Anna
Denomination? Presbyterian
Bible verse ? “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:22 NIV

2Corinthians10:4 August 2nd, 2012 12:59 PM

Name? Meagan

Denomination? I consider myself Church of God but I haven't found a 'home churhch' in Hawaii yet.

Bible verse? "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”- John 16:33

nurselochia August 3rd, 2012 07:09 AM

Name? Jaime
Denomination? Methodist
Bible verse ? Isaiah 40:31 "but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

Buggymom August 3rd, 2012 07:38 AM

Name? Trisha
Denomination? Lutheran
Bible verse ? Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."

Countrymom4 August 3rd, 2012 08:36 AM

Name? Chrystal
Denomination? non-denominational
Bible verse ? (NCV) Whoever forgives someone's sin makes a friend, but gossiping about the sin breaks up friendships. Proverbs 17:9

crunchywannabe August 3rd, 2012 09:13 AM

Kalynn

I've generally attended non-denom. churches, and have found it fits best with my general feelings of religion vs. spiritual relationship with God.

Isaiah 25:4

TemporaryMom August 5th, 2012 01:35 PM

Name? TemporaryMom
Denomination? Non-Denom. My church's core is Mennonite Brethren, though. We don't really have their "rules" anymore. We are highly focused on missions though, which is part of that.
Bible verse ? Today I'm holding on to Philippians 4:13.

CalledBlessed August 6th, 2012 05:51 PM

Name? Nellie

Denomination? Assembly of God Pentecostal

Favorite verse? "But seek first his Kingdom and his righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.Therefor do not worry about tomorrow,for tomorrow will worry about itself.Each day had enough trouble of its own..Matthew 6:33-34
There is so many great verses from God I think it depends on the day and moment God is telling you something that is when that verse looks most important!

Babymakes8 August 6th, 2012 08:28 PM

Name? Aly
Denomination? Non-Denominational, but preparing to attend a Baptist church this coming Sunday to see if it will be a good Church Home for us.
Bible verse ? Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

#5in2005 August 7th, 2012 07:07 AM

Name? Linda
Denomination? Christian Reformed
Bible verse ? 1 chronicles 28 :20 ...Be strong and courageous and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.

momie2b9-20-11 August 7th, 2012 10:19 AM

Name? Ashley
Denomination? Non denominational
Bible verse ? And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you - EPH 4:32

aect-mama August 11th, 2012 02:04 PM

Name? Audrey
Denomination? We consider ourselves "multi-denominational". Our home church is interdenominational. (united church of Christ, Methodist and Presbyterian) The church we are attending now (where Justin is interning) is a Methodist church.
Bible verse ? Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

MountainMomma August 12th, 2012 04:16 PM

Name? Stephanie
Denomination? Assembly of God/ Pentecostal technically (because that's what it says on the building) but we are more non-denominational than anything).
Bible verse ? Jeremiah 17:7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

Rae-of-Sunshine August 12th, 2012 06:17 PM

Name? Marjorie
Denomination? I consider myself simply "Christian", though at the moment I belong to a Southern Baptist Church
Bible verse ? Psalm 139:9-10 "If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall Thy hand lead me and Thy right hand shall hold me."

3TeamH August 12th, 2012 08:49 PM

Hayley
Non-Denominational/Reformed
Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."