JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   quick update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/2589668-quick-update.html)

docsmomma October 28th, 2012 11:04 PM

quick update

Hi ladies. Just wanted to drop a quick update by. We still have no definative answrs about DJ. He goes back to oncology on the 2nd to go over yet another series of labs and tests. I believe they arent finding anything because there is nothing to find. I know that thinking can be dangerous, but it helps me.

As for Joey... Its been 2 years and 24 days since C.M. Donated her marrow and saved his life. But the story behind her donation is just amazing... Will drop in and share that really soon. Joey broke his femur July 17, spent 2 weeks in traction, a month in a cast, and had 3 surgeries on his leg. All due to his weakened bones from treating his LCH. Well a week after the cast came off he was walking with a walker. A week after that he was starting to walk without it. Now hes running, riding bikes, etc... Just 2 months after cast removal. Its wonderful.

He also started preschool 2 weeks ago and its making a huge difference for him. Emotionally he is finally beginning to heal from the traumatic first few years.

The other kids are doing wonderful as well. Me... I am ok. I feel broken lately. Cant really explain it. Please keep DJ in your prayers. Will update again soon... Hope to be back online in a few weeks.

Countrymom4 October 29th, 2012 07:25 AM

Re: quick update

I would love to here your story !!! When ever you have time. Praying for DH and for your whole family. Glad Joey is liking preschool.
Will his bones always be this weak ?

Buggymom October 29th, 2012 10:08 AM

Glad to hear everything is going well for DJ! Thanks for the update....keeping both of you in my prayers.

mamaginger October 29th, 2012 08:10 PM

I will be praying for y'all. <3

mamma_anna October 29th, 2012 09:21 PM

Traci!! :) Reading this brought tears to my eyes.

I'm so happy to hear that Joey has recovered so well and so quickly from his broken leg!! And YAY for preschool!! It really is miraculous how he is healing!! :bluecheer: Praise God! I hope and pray he continues to do well.

I've been praying for DJ and will continue to pray every day until his doctors are confident that he is okay. I pray that you are right and there really is nothing to find. Please let us know how things go on the 2nd. :heart:

2Corinthians10:4 October 30th, 2012 10:13 AM

Traci I am still praying for y'all!

docsmomma November 2nd, 2012 02:17 PM

thanks all. To answer a few questions...

I just posted the story, at least the basics, on another thread. I left out some personal private details.

As for Joey's bones, we are taking steps to try to strengthen his bones but theres no way to know if the damage done is permanent. At least not at this time. It will take time. (part of that will also be determining if he has growth hormone issues because its common in BMT kids and LCH kids and can affect his bones too)

As for DJ... no new news. More tests. I hate waiting.