JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   2013 by 2013 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/2602809-2013-2013-a.html)

Countrymom4 December 6th, 2012 07:12 AM

2013 by 2013

Here is a chat thread, lets see if we can get 2013 post before 2013:lol:

mamaginger December 6th, 2012 12:04 PM

Re: 2013 by 2013

Whoa! Big goal! Haha

Countrymom4 December 6th, 2012 09:40 PM

We can try :lol: What is everyone up to this weekend ?

lupti December 7th, 2012 08:41 AM

Getting hardwood laminate flooring put in (should be fun with 3 year olds running around) and running 20 miles on Sunday.

Friday Confession: I am tired and venty.

mamaginger December 7th, 2012 09:02 AM

We've got a christmas party tonight. It's for a Sunday school class we aren't even in anymore. LOL It's always a really fun night. We do the chinese christmas thing. No plans yet for Saturday. Church Sunday and Kids musical Sun night. :)

momie2b9-20-11 December 7th, 2012 11:58 AM

Hi!!!

Rae-of-Sunshine December 7th, 2012 06:47 PM

Weekend plans are to try to do all the last minute things we need to do before we take kids on their first plane trip. We really wanted to get a tree up also, but I don't think that is going to happen, since we aren't finished cleaning out the room it would be going in (we were going to put it in the soon-to-be playroom, so that we could baby gate the door and limit access to the tree to view-only unless they were supervised ... but still not done getting the last things out of that room, though we have made great progress) ... I should be doing a lot of those things tonight, but instead I am going to go to bed at 9 and SLEEP .. yeah :)

jeweluv December 7th, 2012 08:51 PM

Hey, all...giving a quick hello!!!! Crazy day tomorrow....photo shoot, my step-daughter's play, and then dh is playing (he plays in a band for fun) out....so sleep is not in my future............

...........random...bur our house is barren of food and I am soo dreading grovery shopping.......lol

Countrymom4 December 8th, 2012 06:55 AM

Got my Christmas shopping done last night Yay YAY !!! We adopted a family yesterday too.

Now to get food ready for Rogans dedication tomorrow.

lupti December 8th, 2012 07:39 AM

Our flooring is not coming until next week. Which pushes back decorating for Christmas...boooo.

Rae-of-Sunshine December 8th, 2012 05:07 PM

*yawn*... Long tiring day, even though I didn't do nearly as much as I wanted to. DH and I both tossed and turned last night, so we were both tired today. I should be putting aside things to pack or straightening up the guest room, and instead I am on here :P When I get done in a minute or two I am still not going to go do those things. Instead I am going to go through our DVD's and pull out a bunch to take to a friend who just had surgery and is laid up at home for a while. Do I really have the hour or two to drive across town and take them to her and visit tomorrow afternoon? No ... but it is important. I get too caught up sometimes in the things that need to be done and don't take enough time for the things that God would have me do. I need to work less and listen more ... (something I am "working" on :P)

Countrymom4 December 8th, 2012 07:29 PM

That is super thoughtful Marjorie !!!

crunchywannabe December 9th, 2012 07:08 AM

Heres what my weekend would have looked like had things gone how I would have liked: The House would have been cleaned top to bottom, and organized. Our tree would be set up and decorated. I would have found places for our other Christmas Decor. (First Christmas in our new house!) All the while we would be drinking delicious smelling 'festive' beverages (hot chocolate stirred with candy canes, or 'christmas tea' with dark chocolate on the side) Listening to the new christmas CD I just received in the mail. I would be baking some cookies, and fudge. and getting ready for the Christmas celebrations I'm attending and hosting the next 2 weekends.

Reality: Fri= scariest day of my life. Went to hospital for emergency ultrasound. Discovered baby was ok (Praise God!!!) but I'm now unable to do a darn thing! No decorating, no lifting (super easy with a 14 mo, in the house), my husband has stepped up, and I am super grateful, and my MIL came yesterday to help watch our nephew while Taylor went to work. We aren't on the closest terms so its a little stressful. I've stayed in bed (the safest place to not overdo it) I have an appointment next week with an OB in Winnipeg, to see if they can confirm whats going on. And then I think I'm just gonna head straight to my parents place for a few days to rest (and stay there for Christmas stuff with the extended family next weekend)

mamaginger December 9th, 2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchywannabe (Post 26854207)
Heres what my weekend would have looked like had things gone how I would have liked: The House would have been cleaned top to bottom, and organized. Our tree would be set up and decorated. I would have found places for our other Christmas Decor. (First Christmas in our new house!) All the while we would be drinking delicious smelling 'festive' beverages (hot chocolate stirred with candy canes, or 'christmas tea' with dark chocolate on the side) Listening to the new christmas CD I just received in the mail. I would be baking some cookies, and fudge. and getting ready for the Christmas celebrations I'm attending and hosting the next 2 weekends.

Reality: Fri= scariest day of my life. Went to hospital for emergency ultrasound. Discovered baby was ok (Praise God!!!) but I'm now unable to do a darn thing! No decorating, no lifting (super easy with a 14 mo, in the house), my husband has stepped up, and I am super grateful, and my MIL came yesterday to help watch our nephew while Taylor went to work. We aren't on the closest terms so its a little stressful. I've stayed in bed (the safest place to not overdo it) I have an appointment next week with an OB in Winnipeg, to see if they can confirm whats going on. And then I think I'm just gonna head straight to my parents place for a few days to rest (and stay there for Christmas stuff with the extended family next weekend)

Oh no!! What happened to make you go to the hospital? Praying everything is ok....rest!!!!

crunchywannabe December 9th, 2012 10:41 AM

I think I had mentioned earlier that on Tuesday I had a little bleeding... well at about 5 Friday morning I woke up to one of the most gruesome scenes i've ever seen. I had soaked through my Pjs and the sheets! The midwife set up an ultrasound that day for me so we headed in (1 hr away) nephew in toe... Got to see the baby for the first time. INCREDIBLE!!! I go for another check up 2 hours from here sometime in the next little bit, and then still have my 20 week scan in Jan.
Baby is ok, but i'm on bedrest until we get more info.... they suspect its a SCH but that it'll go away on its own if i take it easy

Countrymom4 December 9th, 2012 01:41 PM

What is SCH Kaylynn ? Take is easy !!!

Rogans dedication went great, had all the familys here after for dinner. Now getting ready to go to the Church christmas concert and potluck supper.

crunchywannabe December 9th, 2012 04:06 PM

Its a pocket or clot of blood between the placenta and uterus. It usually goes away on it's own, but in my case it bleeds out. :( There is not likely a problem for the baby so long as I take it easy. There is an increased risk for the placenta detaching, which is very risky. Once I get into the city I should know more. I hope to hear back tomorrow to find out when I go in.

lupti December 9th, 2012 05:37 PM

Kaylynn-take it easy!

I ran 20 miles this morning and my legs are sore :P Had a great day playing with the boys despite the pain.

crunchywannabe December 9th, 2012 07:56 PM

My tree went up!!!!!!! DH's grandma commented on our lack of holiday decor and when I told her I can't set up the tree, she told me she was an 'expert tree fluffer' (we went artificial this year hopefully for the last time) so the 2 of them set it up, while I supervised with Dh's grandfather who had heart by pass surgery a few weeks ago! (we made quite the pair yelling 'to the right, no, now the left' from our comfy perches on the couch!)

Countrymom4 December 9th, 2012 08:33 PM

Prayers for you Kalynn. When do you find out more ?