JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   Hardest Time (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/2659970-hardest-time.html)

Countrymom4 June 19th, 2013 07:33 PM

Hardest Time

We have the hardest time trying to get to church in the summer :( Everything just seems to take over.

momie2b9-20-11 June 22nd, 2013 05:04 PM

Re: Hardest Time

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with this! It's always a bummer to miss out on church. We always go to church on certain days and at certain times and we know that we will be there and not plan anything else around that time usually. Unless of course when things come up that we can't control. Like last weekend DH was in the hospital so we missed a couple things as he also wasn't feeling good that week prior. It is hard though as we have lots of things going this summer also.

Countrymom4 June 22nd, 2013 09:14 PM

Being farmers we have busy seasons :(

SkyBaby June 23rd, 2013 11:43 AM

I'm missing church too, but not because we are too busy. It's because of my morning sickness. It's a real drag, but its nice being home. Something DH and I do is we put on Christian kids shows for DD and while we read our bibles and pray and talk about stuff we haven't had a chance to talk about yet.

momie2b9-20-11 June 26th, 2013 10:46 AM

I think everyone has a weak spot. (well I know everyone does as we are all sinners). The thing I find the hardest time to do is read my Bible. But, I've been working on that and it has helped me. I still don't do it as often as I'd like but that's probably why I need Church so much - it gives me a time to really enjoy God's word.

wesheets June 26th, 2013 08:21 PM

We minister and attend each week. There are times I would rather not trust me :)

mccaroline June 28th, 2013 06:40 PM

I miss my church so much right now. All winter we had a hard time getting there because my DD's ringette team was scheduled to play just about every Sunday morning. Ringette is finally over and we were able to go to church for a few weeks and now we've moved. Our church is only 35 minutes away but it just seems to make it that much harder to get to.

Countrymom4 June 28th, 2013 09:18 PM

I understand......we have a 20min drive to one church or 35 to the city

Mayleysmommy July 8th, 2013 07:22 PM

I know how that feels. We live 5 1/2 minutes from our Church and on the same road nonetheless, and we still struggle some Sundays. I think for us it is the constant Sunday invite to be with family or a weekend trip here or there. It's rough sometimes.

naturalnut July 10th, 2013 12:43 PM

It can definitely be a challenge, but it's so important to make it a priority to spend time/worship with fellow believers