JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   Come one, Come ALL !!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/2678850-come-one-come-all.html)

Countrymom4 September 13th, 2013 09:46 PM

Come one, Come ALL !!!!

And tell me about your summer :)
Too long, Too hot.....

SkyBaby September 15th, 2013 08:44 AM

Re: Come one, Come ALL !!!!

My summer was less than fantastic. The high light was finding out the gender of this baby is a boy. DH's great grandmother passed away over the summer and for a few weeks there, things were hard. We are ok now though. We miss her. A lot. I've also just been kind of boxed in and lonely. People i know from church are too busy to hang out. In a town like this, there isn't a lot to do unless you know people. Since the school year started and with that, week day bible studies and MOPs (moms of preschoolers play group) begins as well. I finally feel like I can really recharge my engines.

ZZ0607 September 15th, 2013 01:18 PM

Boxed in and lonely. Yes. Except, we were out and about a lot. I don't actually enjoy that. And most of our social engagements were with acquaintances that I don't feel "safe" with yet. I can spill my guts on the internet to 100 strangers, but not, apparently, someone right in front of me that I don't know very well. And there was a lot of need to spill my guts this summer. It has mounted. Anyway, running around also interferes with the lifestyle I'm trying desperately to live and instill in my kids and it was tough to keep up with my house and constructive free time for the kids as well as a few days of homeschool attendance to record before our 12 months ran out.

Because of all the rain, my garden was eaten by crabgrass. We did go visit relatives I haven't seen in six years; that was nice and although three kids and myself in a sedan might sound nightmarish, they were awesome! I guess that was our highlight. I'm enjoying the return of the world to school, too. I do need some mommy-to-mommy time, but playdates aren't really going to help that. They fill something, but not what's really needed.

#5in2005 September 16th, 2013 09:39 AM

Sorry about the less than wonderful summers :(

I can't lie, my summer was fantastic. We were able to go on a big trip (something I've dreamt of doing for years with my family) and went to northern CA and worked our way up the Oregon Coast and then spent a few days with dh's brother and family. We managed to do a few other camping trips too. It's definetly one for the books, I don't think we'll be able to manage a summer like this ever again, especially with the kids getting bigger and jobs etc so I'm really thankful we were able to do this.

Countrymom4 September 17th, 2013 08:12 AM

I must say my summer has been GREAT !!!

The girls and I went on a trip to Europe. My garden is awesome and full. We were not super busy but just really had a fun time !

kolbysmom September 18th, 2013 08:15 AM

This summer, actually, wasn't too bad. We had some cooler weather and a little rain, which is very odd for this time of year. Texas is in a severe drought, so we are thankful for every drop!

Orangebrittainy September 21st, 2013 08:57 AM

I feel bad we really didn't get to do anything this summer. My pregnancy is very high risk and all of our money went to the doc's appts that were 2 hours away and my really expensive medicine.