JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   Did Ya Know ....... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/2678852-did-ya-know.html)

Countrymom4 September 13th, 2013 10:52 PM

Did Ya Know .......

There is only 15 Saturdays till Christmas :sneak:

ZZ0607 September 14th, 2013 10:41 PM

Re: Did Ya Know .......

Oh teh nooooes! Some years I try to get all the shopping done before Thanksgiving and other years I refuse to think about it before then. I don't know what kind of year this is yet!

SkyBaby September 15th, 2013 09:34 AM

Love fall and winter. Lets just hope we don't have another 75 degree Christmas in our mountain town lol.

Countrymom4 September 17th, 2013 09:09 AM

I don't even have any ideas for Christmas :sneak:

I would really like to get away from all the presents from the grand parents but just don't know how. We as a family gave up one present each to adopt a family last year.

SkyBaby September 17th, 2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countrymom4 (Post 27660735)
I don't even have any ideas for Christmas :sneak:

I would really like to get away from all the presents from the grand parents but just don't know how. We as a family gave up one present each to adopt a family last year.

You could ask for fewer/no presents or only practical stuff. That's what my grandma did. She doesn't have the room for the stuff and prefers just cards with new pictures and family to visit. Asking for that is not a bad thing to do at all and they shouldn't get offended or upset or think you're weird. My grandma was straight up about it. She just said no presents and that was that. We may have to do the same thing this year because we are running out of space from all the random stuff Lily gets outside of her birthday and Christmas from her grandparents lol.

#5in2005 September 18th, 2013 08:46 AM

I can't think that far ahead.

No one in our extended family is very gifty thankfully, we like to have fun with it but don't go overboard.

Our kids get 2 gifts, 1 from us and then we draw names and sometimes we'll do a family gift for all of them. I think they're all getting new ski helmets this year because they need them, and that will already add up times 5.

Countrymom4 September 18th, 2013 09:01 AM

The grandparents go way over and they buy junk to buy/give junk.

I am think of asking for a small present per child then if they have to need to do more, put money on a movie card so the family can go to the movies or on a hotel card so we can take them for a stay over night in the city and waterslide. Something along those lines.

kolbysmom September 18th, 2013 09:10 AM

I am sooo not ready! I cannot believe how quickly this year has flown by.

Orangebrittainy September 21st, 2013 09:54 AM

Ask them to invest in activities/Memberships. Zoo memberships, museums, gift cards to local fun places.

Countrymom4 September 21st, 2013 06:36 PM

I love that idea