JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   QOTD Fri (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/2700277-qotd-fri.html)

Countrymom4 December 27th, 2013 06:49 PM

QOTD Fri

When do you take the christmas tree and decorations down ?

Do you have any Christmas traditions ?

Real or fake tree ?

Rainbow Momma December 28th, 2013 07:02 AM

Re: QOTD Fri

Took them down yesterday:P the tree was in an awkward spot so i was ready to get it out of there.

We always go to my aunts and church on christmas eve and open gifts and then i go to my parents on christmas morning and then i go to my dad's side of the famly christmas day night where we drink play games and do puzzles lol

Fake tree for me.

SkyBaby December 30th, 2013 12:34 PM

We never decorated this Christmas so nothing to put away. Decorating is up to me and since decorating requires energy, I just never felt up to it. I can barely keep up with normal household chores lol.

For Christmas traditions, we swap Thanksgiving and Christmas with each of our families every year. This year, we did Thanksgiving with my folks and Christmas with DH's folks. Next year, we will swap. Something I'm making a tradition is semi formal pictures every year of DD to watch how she grows and soon to include this baby, too. Since their birthdays are and will be kind of close to Christmas, I figure its a good time to do good pictures.

Oops almost forgot the real or fake tree question. We have a fake tree right now, but I do miss that wonderful pine smell. I grew up with a real tree every year. My parents have been using fake for several years now though because they got sick of all the fallen needles lol. DH's family I'm not sure of, but in the time I've known them, they have a fake tree. DHs mom is clever though and just goes and buys fresh pine cones for the pretty smell and gets the best of both worlds lol.

#5in2005 December 31st, 2013 11:51 AM

I usually take everything down on January 2nd, but sometimes I get inspired and start the evening of the 1st. We go to the ski hill on the first and my mom expects us to come for a visit, otherwise I'd do it then.

We alternate Christmas and boxing day with my family and dh's family, so that's easy. We do Christmas at home christmas eve and go to church Christmas day.

I have a fake tree, because I like having it up for a long time and forget to water it, plus a real tree requires dh and he just never gets around to it as fast as I would like him to.

kolbysmom January 2nd, 2014 05:24 AM

We took ours down last weekend.

We open one gift Christmas Eve (pajamas) and attend the candle-light service.

We had a real tree for the first time in many years.